Understanding torrent selection prioritisation

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/6Jkg8apQ
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Firstly - awesome software, thanks!

I don’t understand how Sonarr is choosing which torrent to download, out of the ones that pass the quality checks. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots where very different sized torrents are being chosen for two different episodes of the same show. They both pass quality checks and it doesn’t look like it’s being chosen on number of seeds. I’ve had a look at the debug log, but can’t see any log of the decision to choose one or the other.

Any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

For episode 2, the similar number of seeds results in the largest size release being chosen.
For episode 1 the 4 seeders beats out the single seeder so size isn’t taken into account.

Nothing in the debug log logs the order of the decisions/why one was chosen over the other as it could be very chatty with many releases to order.

1 Like

Exactly the info I needed - thanks very much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.