Unable to install the latest release of Sonarr

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4374
((Debug logs)): http://pastebin.com/9zQnMD2N

Description of issue: Unable to update to the latest version either automatically or manually. Tried running as admin as well, clean uninstall and re-install as well. Had to revert to a much older version as I still had the install file of that. It’s working.

Can someone please assist?

Thanks!

This could be a problem with something in your system adding a library Sonarr used (nlog in this case it looks like) to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), which is shared for all .net apps and is suddenly causing issues because we’ve updated nlog fairly recently.

if you search your computer for nlog.dll what results does it find?

Hi Markus, thanks for replying. Did a search on my PC for the dll and found it here: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NLog\v4.0_4.0.0.0__5120e14c03d0593c with the modified date of the 8/12/2016.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Can I refresh or rebuild the cache? Must I re-register .Net maybe?

I tried deleting the file and saw that Heimdal was holding onto it. I uninstalled Heimdal then boom, update worked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.