Unable to connect to indexers - Please Help :(

Sonarr Version: 2.0.0.4389
**Mono version: QMono 4.6.2.7
**((Debug logs)): http://pastebin.com/N9kHNr41

Description of issue:

I have been successfully running Sonarr of my QNAP 671 for months now, however recently I have run into an error which is preventing me from accessing my indexers, I have a pastebin link to the debug file above. I note the below error:

System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure

I’ve been reading recommendations on how to address this however have had no success. I’ve read:

–DNS issue on the nas: Checked, running to the router at 192.168.1.1 in QNAP settings - accesses internet fine
–Restart Sonarr: Tried this many, many times, has no effect.

Also tried reinstalling Sonarr to no avail. If anybody has a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated as I love this program and don’t want to go back to sickrage. For information the only change I have made was moving the NAS and router to another area of the house, setup is exactly the same and no apparent connectivity issues.

My only hypothesis is that sonarr is directing to the wrong DNS, I have no idea where or how I can change this.

Any help would be appreciated, I can provide more logs etc if needed.

Thanks.

To anybody who has suffered this issue I believe I have managed to solve it.

It appears that it is in fact some sort of DNS issue, my DNS on the QNAP was set to 192.168.1.1 as primary and 8.8.8.8 as secondary. I changed this setting to 8.8.8.8 and restarted sonarr, now my indexers respond!.

Hopefully this helps some other users.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.