Unable to connect to indexer: The operation has timed out

**Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5252
**Mono version: 5.18.0.225
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Hello. I have been running Sonarr for a while now, and haven’t really had many issues. However, in the last few weeks, I have been seeing seemingly random failures when trying to connect to my indexers. I have 4 indexers, all of which I can get to via a browser, and see the XML info. Lately, I have been receiving the following errors and a message telling me that 3 out of my 4 indexers are failing. This issue seems to happen for days at a time, and eventually they are said to be available again. I just cant figure out what is causing the issue… I have restarted the service multiple times, ran all my updates, rebooted my server over and over, but the issues still persists. Also, I’m seeing overall slowness on the server, especially when connecting to the software updater, etc… Just general sluggishness… Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Unable to connect to indexer: The operation has timed out.: ‘https://api.drunkenslug.com/api?t=caps&apikey=HIDDEN

Exception
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.: ‘https://api.drunkenslug.com/api?t=caps&apikey=HIDDEN’ —> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000f8] in :0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00016] in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000f6] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:64
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0019e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:92
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0003c] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:35
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:264
at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.FetchCapabilities (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabSettings indexerSettings) [0x0009a] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:62
at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.b__0 () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:35
at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func1[TResult] function, System.Nullable1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81 at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.GetCapabilities (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabSettings indexerSettings) [0x00020] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:35 at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.get_PageSize () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:22 at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.GetRequestGenerator () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:26 at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase1[TSettings].TestConnection () [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:334

the weird stuff where things keep failing then start working after a restart only to end up failing again seem to always end up being a mono issue

the capability url in the logs - https://api.drunkenslug.com/api?t=caps&apikey=HIDDEN - works fine manually (maybe try it from your end as well just to make sure) so i dont think its on their end

you could also try shutting down your machine completely and starting it up again (sometimes a reboot just doesnt cut it)

theres another drunkenslug thread about the same sort of thing that mostly went nowhere but there might be something helpful in it

There have been quite some people with 5.18 reporting various issues. It’s best to downgrade.

Getting the same i have been using sonarr for a while and now even after tests say succeeded the second I start I get the same failure warnings. It is a shame as when it was working was exactly what i needed but I have tried everything with no solution so I had to change what I was using.

Also had issues when restarting having to manually start as i kept losing connection. I resolved it sadly by reverting back to sickgear after doing a lot of reading and understanding that these are quite common problems and problems where there seems to be no real fix to which is a shame as I have enjoyed using this and worked well for me. Sickbeard is more of a ballache to set up but when set up ran and runs flawlessly for me. Hopefully someday a real fix will appear for the issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.