Unable to connect to Deluge but can still use manually

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
((Debug logs)):http://pastebin.com/UVh8L7xj
Description of issue: Can’t download from trackers in the quality that I want. When I test my download client, it succeeds with no issues. When I do a manual search for a tv show, I click to download and it says it’s unable to speak to the download client. Yet when I click to download Release Rejected (SDTV is not wanted in profile) file, it works no issues. This is a more recent issue as I’ve successfully used sonarr for almost 6 months and this is only most recently an issue. Automatic downloads from the RSS do not work as well.

Do you always get that same error?
Based on the error it looks like Deluge isn’t responding properly (which should also get detected in a Test), have you tried rebooting Sonarr and Deluge? Sometimes the deluge web api get stubborn and stops talking to Sonarr/the Deluge daemon.

I believe it is always the same error. It just doesn’t make sense that 1) I can Test and it suceeds, 2) I can download Release Rejected material no issues (but if it’s a quality that meets the criteria, it doesn’t work.

And yes, I’ve tried rebooting both my server and the programs and nothing has fixed it.

Here’s the log of an Automatic Search I just ran (which seems different). http://pastebin.com/vMKvj81U

That’s definitely different, in that case the request is timing out because Deluge didn’t respond in time (30 seconds). We’ve seen this happen when the deluge web API is failing to communicate to the daemon and instead of telling Sonarr there is an issue it just stops working.

Are you able to log into the web UI for Deluge in a browser?

I am able to use the web UI for Deluge without issues. As stated above, when I request a manual download for a quality that doesn’t meet the criteria, it works fine! But when I request a manual download for a quality that does meet the criteria, it fails (as seen in the first log).

The logic is the same for both, regardless of the quality being wanted or not.

Got it. Suggestions on next steps to troubleshoot?

Are you seeing timeouts of the first error?

Unfortunately the deluge web API is pretty poor and will simply not respond in some cases, whether it’s because it didn’t like the request or the response from the daemon I’m not sure. I’m not sure if there are logs for the web API or the daemon on the deluge side that would be helpful to diagnose that further.

I don’t believe so. FWIW, I just added a movie to couchpotato and there is no issue. Not sure if it’s using the same method of downloading from deluge.

Here’s the log when I try to click automatic download:

http://pastebin.com/HFwNrZzR

Update: I just tried to manually download something that was the correct quality and it worked… very weird…

CP supports both the Web API and the daemon directly. We’d like to support the daemon as well, but that hasn’t been investigated.

Another case of Deluge not even appearing to exist.

Do you have a lot of torrents loaded in Deluge?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.