Unable to communicate with Deluge

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4990
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/0Pev19Rj
Description of issue:
I’ve been using Sonarr for a few weeks now and it always seemed that deluge and Sonarr weren’t getting completely all along with Sonarr frequently getting “All download clients are unavailable due to failures” error but a few restarts always fixed the problem. Up until now, I’ve been getting the following two error messages:
Unable to communicate with Deluge. TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.
All download clients are unavailable due to failures
I’m not sure what to do, the deluge webui is responsive if I try accessing it through the browser and all the settings for deluge in Sonarr are alright, because it had been working up until now. Does anyone know what I could try to do in order to fix this?

Edit: I would also like to mention that testing the download client with Sonarr succeeds.

Just a guess, but there is probably an item in Deluge that has a ridiculously long ETA, though we should be able to protect against that blowing it up.

((Trace logs)) show the response from deluge (I believe), so that should confirm exactly what value is being returned.

I believe you may very well be right, I remember seeing some huge ETAs in Deluge yesterday, they were showing for Torrents that finished downloading and were only seeding, which I found a bit weird. After I started my server this morning though, I couldn’t confirm this in the trace logs because the huge ETAs were gone and so was the “Unable to communicate with Deluge. TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.” error.
Is there any way to avoid breaking Sonarr if those ETAs ever come back?
And also the second error message still persists, I still get “All download clients are unavailable due to failures” so I guess it wasn’t related to the first message.

Edit: “Unable to communicate with Deluge. TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.” is back and I can confirm it’s because of the huge ETA from one of the torrents that is seeding in Deluge.

Edit2: I have managed to fix TimeSpan error, long story short, my torrents had a huge number for “Stop seed ratio” and that’s the reason of the huge ETAs. So far so good, thanks for the assistance markus101.

Yeah, I’ll guard against that blowing it up (and set it to the maximum allowed value, even thought it’s thousands of years :smile:)

Sadly, I had the “Unable to communicate with Deluge” when I started the server today. I’m suspecting this might be happening because sonarr starts before Deluge manages to fully load, after I restarted sonarr, everything was working again. What’s curious is that radarr isn’t having these kind of problems.

The debug log:
https://pastebin.com/DZMHRjG2

If Sonarr tried to connect to deluge before it started then yes, Sonarr would treat it as unavailable and disable it for 5 minutes before trying to use it again. AFAIK Radarr does not have that same functionality (it’s new to Sonarr).

Is there a way to delay the connection attempt between Sonarr and deluge at server startup?

No, it’ll depend entirely on when the task scheduler starts running tasks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.