Unable to add read-only folder containing shows

Hi, new user, switching from sickbeard.

I have two problems related to how my folders are structured.

I run sonarr in a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM under a regular user account, not as admin, not as a service.
I keep separate folders for content that I ripped from my own DVD collection, and for content I download.
I share two folders from my file server, one share for downloaded content that is writeable, one for ripped content that is read-only.

First problem is I can’t find a way to add multiple paths for the same show, seems this feature does not exist in sonarr?
E.g. I purchased a couple seasons on DVD, and I download the other seasons.

Second problem is I am unable to add folders that are read-only, log error is "Request Failed: Root folder path ‘V:\Series\Series - DVD - MKV’ is not writable by user ‘blah’"
E.g. the files and their names are correctly set when ripping based on DVD order, and I just want sonarr to know they exist so I can see the details in the UI and it does not download them.

Any way I can work around this limitation?

Thx
P.

No and we don’t plan to support that at this time.

If you could add it then switched the series folder to another location Sonarr would see them as missing and you’d be in the same place, potentially you could enable “Ignore Deleted Episodes” and then get Sonarr to unmonitor them automatically, but the read-only limitation would prevent you from adding it.

We opted to prevent adding read-only folders because 99.9% of the time the user didn’t realize it wasn’t writable and later had issues when Sonarr didn’t import files for them, so this saves us from a number of easily avoidable questions.

You could symlink the ripped DVD folders under the writable series folder and Sonarr would then be able to see them and since they aren’t writable nothing could be written to them, not ideal, but thats the only available method to have them separated that I can think of.

Ok, thanks.

I follow the same multi-path methodology with CouchPotato and with Headphones, and like SickBeard it works fine.
I’ll have to reconsider if Sonarr is the right replacement for Sickbeard for me.

P.

I regularly use junctions or symlinks on windows myself, especially when I was moving archived seasons to another disk.

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Thanks!

I started making directory junctions, works great locally, fails over the network as the source path is not in the network share scope.
I then used the directory hard clone feature, and created copies of the directory structures, and hard linking to the source files.
Works, but is going to be very messy to manage, but it works.

Would still be much more elegant if sonarr natively supported multiple paths, like sickbeard, couchpotato, headphones, just saying :wink:

euh, hardlink across multiple drives wont work.

Same drive (large array), so hardlinks work fine.