Unable to add Path

Version: 2.0.0.5344
Mono Version: 4.6.2
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Logs:
NzbDroneErrorPipeline Invalid request Validation failed: – Folder is not writable by user root 1:50pm

Description of issue:

Due to a system crash I had to reinstall complete HTPC and moved to Ubuntu ver18. Under previous version Sonarr, SABnzbd and Plex were all running smoothly.
I am even newer than a noob to Ubuntu and now cannot setup Sonarr to see my mounted drives to be able to add the path. Been Googling for a week now and cannot solve the problem.
My basic understanding is pointing me to a permissions problem but need some basic help to resolve please.

I’m also having problems trying to add a root folder that was used prior to a week ago. For some reason now, it is unavailable. When I try to add it again, the directory doesn’t show up in the explorer window at all.

Are you using docker? Otherwise root should always have access.

https://wiki.servarr.com/Docker_Guide

I don’t believe I am but how would I check?

Start with, how did you install Sonarr?

I installed via Ubuntu Software installer

Then no, it doesn’t sound like you’re running under docker.

The only thing that comes to mind is making sure the drives were mounted with read/write access, not just read access (I’m not sure how to verify that offhand).

checked and all show as rw

/dev/sdd1 on /media/Backup1 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdd2 on /media/Backup2 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdd3 on /media/Backup3 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdc3 on /media/Data type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdb3 on /media/Music type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdc1 on /media/Movies 2 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdc2 on /media/TV Series 2 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/TV Series type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/Movies type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,x-gvfs-show)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.