Ubuntu 18.04 - Docker with Sonarr and Transmission, permission issues, now log issues

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.18.1.0
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/tN4ELiKA
Description of issue:

Hi everyone.

Got Ubuntu installed and got Transmission set up with the OpenVPN docker image, everything is working perfectly there and the system is able to write to the samba shares I’ve set up with no issue.

Sonarr has been another story on multiple installs, now specifically through Docker it’s gotten to the point that Sonarr can’t even write its own log files. Here’s the Docker script I used:

sudo docker create --name=sonarr \
--restart=always \
-p 8989:8989 \
-e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 \
-v /dev/rtc:/dev/rtc:ro \
-v /home/docker/sonarr/config:/config \
-v /mnt/Volume_2/TV:/tv \
-v /mnt/Volume_2/downloads:/downloads \
linuxserver/sonarr

The config directory is owned by sonarr and group nzbdrone

The other issues I’m having are the same I had running Sonarr on my Pi 3, moving files from the Transmission download directory. Said error is:

DownloadedEpisodesImportService

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/Supernatural****

I was previously having issues accessing the /tv/ directory specified in the Docker script, but got around that by changing the mount.

However while Sonarr has access to that directory, it is reading the directory specified in Transmission’s mount files both here through Docker and through the Pi 3 install.

The download folder is specifically located on /mnt/Volume_2/downloads which I specified in the Docker script but I don’t see any way of specifying that through Sonarr directly.

To summarize:

Sonarr now can’t write log files for whatever reason
Sonarr cannot move the files from the Transmission defined directory into the TV directory specified, and is pulling Transmission’s mount directory instead without any ability to correct it.

I’m sure there’s something simple I’m screwing up on, and I’ll post on Reddit as well in hopes to find some resolution there, too.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, so loading up Sonarr via portainer gave me access to the debug logs which I’ve attached at the top.

Seems like you have set up transmission to use /data and sonarr to use /downloads.

There are two options:

• change the mount in either container so they match exactly. E.g. -v /mnt/Volume_2/downloads:/data on sonarr’s side should do it.
  • use sonarr’s remote path mapping to translate /data into /downloads (settings > download clients > remote path mapping).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.