TVDB database error message on Sonarr after latest update?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.657
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
Debug logs: Linked to GDRIVE
Description of issue: See below please.
Note: the preview build nor anything else affected this and it was fine this morning.
Series SEAL Team (tvdbid 328686), Supergirl (tvdbid 295759), Supernatural (tvdbid 78901), This Is Us (tvdbid 311714), American Housewife (tvdbid 253478), Black Lightning (tvdbid 332525), Criminal Minds (tvdbid 75710), grown-ish (tvdbid 332802), Killing Eve (tvdbid 340959), MacGyver (2016) (tvdbid 311902), Warrior (2019) (tvdbid 359326), Titans (2018) (tvdbid 341663), Jett (tvdbid 359791), BH90210 (tvdbid 363714), Stumptown (tvdbid 359581), Treadstone (tvdbid 366090) were removed from TheTVDB

However I checked a few of these and they are there in TVDB with no issues and they have those identifying numbers. Did I miss something on an update to TVDB or is there something else going on? I didn’t see any post similar to this and I just got home from work.

Thanks

I’m experiencing the same errors. I bet it’s not recognizing the redirects in the URL for the updated TVDB api.

Similar post here: Unable to find tvdb:71663 (the simpsons)

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. I came here looking to see if anyone else was reporting it. I did notice that a lot of those that were mentioned up there have been pared down to like 4 or 5 so that is good. Thanks tscibilia.

Looks to be the API as tscibilia stated - according to MULTIPLE posts. I guess it would be nice to have TVMAZE as either a backup or option.

Links:

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=60036
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=60029

Please close this thread. Thanks all I appreciate it.

Yes jason, it would be GREAT to have alternatives to tvdb for sure. Very unlikely though.

1 Like

So since it has been pointed out what the problem is, any idea of how we fix this? I assume since this seems to be a problem with tvdbs api change, there isn’t much sonarr can do about it, but what do we do about it? as long as the shows work which it appears it will, i guess having those lovely russian posters isn’t that big of a deal but I would kinda like the proper ones back.I am a bit hesitant in clearing the cache for firefox to see if that fixes the posters until i see someone else do it. I don’t want all my server settings for sonarr, deluge, jackett, etc. getting all messed up just to try and get the posters back if it won’t even solve the issue.

1 Like

No, dont do that lol

It will work its self out in time, there is literally nothing you can do. Since there is no alternative for sonarr to use anything other than the rediculous tvdb you’re stuck with russian like myself and many others.

There is a thread on their site too: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60286

Thankfully Plex offers alternatives and Kodi also removed tvdb as their primary so i dont even use tvdb with my Plex setup, i use the movie database instead so my plex isn’t jacked up

1 Like

Yeah, I have TVDB at the bottom, even under personal media assets for Plex. I have had the movie databse at the top for a while as well. For the same reason. Like I said, as long as the shows keep coming down in sonarr, all is good, aesthetics is not as important compared to content.

I guess I should move the movie db up but I honestly think it is run by the same group or coalition of people. OMDB I like to use when using FileBot (which I don’t have to use too much anymore) and TVMaze is a godsend as well but unfortunately we don’t have that luxury.

Restarting the application should get you back up working.

Did me and I am not all correct on posters.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.