Turn off automatic adding of additional files in media folders

Hi,

I’m loving Sonarr, but there is one built in feature I’d like to turn off. I’m not using Sonarr’s post processing, but rather using Filebot executed from my download client. But on it’s own, Sonarr regularly goes through my media folders and adds additional files such as artwork .jpgs and nfo files which I’d prefer not to have. I use Kodi for viewing and it figures things out quite well from just the video files.

When I’m viewing my media files with Windows File Explorer the additional files Sonarr puts there makes it more difficult to see at a glance what video files are there. For me it’s unnecessary clutter. Is there any way to turn off Sonarr automatically adding those extra files?

Thanks!

You turn them off in the same place you turned them on, in Settings: Metadata (they are all off by default).

Got it! I guess I turned them on during my installation (awhile ago) and forgot about it. I turned them off!

Thanks!!

1 Like

The “what does this do?” approach, followed by forgetting you even enabled it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.