Transmission and Sonarr - Downloads Not moving

Hi Folks.

I’ve got transmission and Sonnarr successfully connected.

Transmission is running on my NAS box

and Sonnar is running on my local machine

When i do a search for a show it successfully gets added to Transmission and downloads

but Sonarr does not appear to be able to move the successfully downloaded file

16-7-22 21:18:45.1|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to Transmission @ DS215. [HorribleSubs] Tales of Zestiria the X - 02 [1080p].mkv
16-7-22 21:18:45.2|Info|EpisodeSearchService|Episode search completed. 1 reports downloaded.
16-7-22 21:22:13.3|Info|LifecycleService|Restart requested.

There is nothing in logs to say that it even attempted to move file

the file is still in transmission listed as seeding completed?

Sorry, found the problem

I had to configure Remote mapping.

The log for this was actually available if i c licked on activity within Sonarr and hoverred over the files currently stuck at 100% and downloaded

Thanks

keep up the great work !

1 Like

You have Transmission running on your NAS, why not Sonarr? I’m running Sonarr, PLEX, NZBGet, CouchPotato, PlexPL and when I need to, I’ll turn on Headphones. Maybe I’m missing something. I don’t really see the point of having Transmission on the NAS and Sonarr on the PC. Might as well have both on the PC. I used to do just that. Sonarr I think works better when it’s always running and doing it’s thing finding the files at all hours of the day.

O how i wish…

I originally had Sonarr working beautifully on the NAS but since i turned on auto update for the NAS Sonarr no longer works.

so i moved it to PC.

if i could get Sonarr working again on the NAS then I wouldn’t need to worry about the PC side of things (Everything else is on the NAS)

Ummm, that sucks. I know I had some issues with getting Sonarr working on my ReadyNAS 516, and so I gave up for a while and tried again for a couple times and now it seems to be working great. It’s just figuring out what the issue is. It was really nice to unload everything off my PC, and that included V.I.S. which is software for my Acu-Rite 5 in 1 weather station software where it uploads Data to the Weather Underground and other sites. It’s great Windows software if you have a Acu-Rite. Then I found out about Meteobridge and how I can install it into a small Wifi Router. In my case I got a $20 D-Link DIR-505 and installed this FIRMWARE onto that. It can report to even more places then V.I.S. could and I really don’t even have to think about it. Set it and forget it. The Software is around $75 but it’s lifetime on the device, where V.I.S. I had to pay every year. That was the last thing I had to worry about and now I can just turn off my power hungry PC. That Mini Router only uses around 1-2 watts of power.

So I was using SickRage on my NAS and it works pretty good, and it’s still installed. Right now it’s turned off, but I can turn it on again at any time quickly and it’ll start working again. So maybe that’s a option to try? It’s not as power hungry and doesn’t require MONO. Use that until you can get Sonarr working as it should on the NAS. SickRage is still getting supported. I get Updates from it all the time with just a click when it’s running. I turned it on yesterday just to see if there was a update and there was, so I installed it and then turned it back off again.

That would free your PC for now. SickRage does a few things Sonarr doesn’t like download Sub titles for shows. So I was doing English and a few others for some other people that watch my content. When it finds it for a program, it’ll grab it. So that’s kind of handy. Overall I like Sonarr better. It’s just a option. You may want to just check it out and see if you have any better results with it. I think Sonarr does a better job at grabbing shows overall then SickRage. It doesn’t hurt to try.

It does require Python 2.7.10 which you more then likely are already using with some of your other programs on your NAS.

1 Like

Hey Brian, do you mind posting how were you able to get it working, I have transmission running on my router and sonar on my router, i’ve tried mapping but it does not work

log:
Request Failed: value [/mnt/A/Transmission/XXXXXXXXXX is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows
Parameter name: path

Yeah sure

under Settings and then Download Client

there is an option right at the bottom for mapping Remote Paths

in my case my host is the address of my nas

Remote Path is the path on the nas to the folder in which the files are downloaded to

i.,e
/volume1/torrentComplete/tv/

and Local Path is the path as accessible to sonar (so sonar is on my local PC so i put a path that my local PC can access to that folder

in my case

\DISKSTATION\torrentComplete\tv\

o i see sickrage is a fork of sickbeard

i did exactly what you posted and why that took that problem out of the way it got me another one here is my configuration
Transmission running on a Asus router:
Host: 192.168.1.1
remote path /mnt/A/Transmission
local path D:\TV Shows

now i got this errors:
“import failed, path does not exist or is not accesible by Sonarr: D:\TV Shows [name of item]”

"no files found eligible for import in d:\TV Shows[name of item]

Yes, Sickrage is a fork to Sickbeard. I’ve used both. So again that can be a temp option until you get Sonarr working correctly on the NAS. Or you can just go into Sonarr logs and just try getting Sonarr working.

The local path you use needs to be pointed at the remote path (SMB share in your case probably), you don’t tell it where to move the files you did that when you added the series to Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.