Trackers for older Macs

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5338
Mono version: 6.4.0.198
Issue: Adding trackers

Hi. I’m using an old Mac Mini for storing media files and acting as a Plex server. I have got Sonarr (and Radarr) working, but I can’t find a way of getting trackers integrated. Jackett requires a later OS that my Mac won’t support. Cardigann installs OK, but isn’t maintained any more so is unfortunately not working for me.

Any ideas as to how I can schedule and automate things with the kit I have?

Thanks,

PS - I am not IT guy so running VMs etc is way out of my knowledge and comfort zone :slight_smile:

Based on your explanation, the simple answer is no. If you cant upgrade to a newer OS, cant get a newer machine (linux, mac, windows), cant deal with VMs then you are kinda SOL bud.

Install Sonarr/Radarr/Jackett on another box and just use the mac mini for Plex…

Thanks for clarifying - I thought that might be the case, but wanted to have it confirmed by someone wiser than me. Would a Raspberry Pi be able to do the Sonarr/Radarr/Jackett thing and then pass over to the Mac to handle downloading and etc?

Hmm, might have a look for some VM tutorials… would running Windows on the Mac through something like Parallels work d’you think? Any suggestions for what Windows box would do the job for not much £/$?

Can’t you run docker?

I had a look at Docker, but got a bit scared off. I started to read about what it is/how it works and was almost instantaneously out of my comfort zone.

I’ve just checked the spec for Docker Desktop for Mac, and I need to be running a newer version of OS X which my old Mac isn’t able to run. Looking like manual downloads might be my only option until I’m in a position to upgrade the machine I have in the loft!

Or maybe… I run Sonarr et al on my up to date Mac, just have the media files saved to the older Mac/Plex Server. Would I need to install Mono…? Would/could that impact my up to date Mac (which I use for work so really can’t be tinkered with too much)?

Or on a Pi (or similar)?

A pi can be used, Linux installs easily and raspbian might support it native (I usually install Linux directly on them) but they are not fast & lack storage.

You can use your newer one and store files on the mini, yes. Just have to be on the same network to keep it simple for you.

Having done some more digging I might go down the Usenet route instead… looks like it will run natively on the old Mac and will negate the need for Jackett… I think!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.