Torrent Hardlink Problem w/ Upgrades/Propers, etc

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/R6dDxZ6V
Description of issue: Using hardlinks, upgrades or propers can’t be moved/processed until the lower quality torrent stops seeding (pause/completed/etc… due to file lock on the original hardlinked file). I found a similar issue from a few years ago, but it seems that the discussion was closed without any progress - Drone gives error when trying to upgrade hardlinked file. It seems that temporarily pausing the torrent in the client releases the lock, and I think that Sonarr has enough information to find the specific torrent in the client that needs to be paused (using save_path from the client, along w/ the location of the hardlink to match against). Alternatively, a pause could be issued for ALL torrents (simplifies things a bit) but that seems like overkill. I downloaded the source and was able to build/run Sonarr locally, but I’ve had a very hard time trying to replicate the torrent save/upgrade process in order to add the pausing capabilities. If anyone is familiar w/ this on the dev side it’d be a huge help, or if anyone has already looked into this issue and has possible solutions I’d love to hear them as well!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.