Title Slug <for show> Is In Use By Series <another show>

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.4.0
Debug logs: (see below)
Description of issue: Title slug ‘blood-and-water’ is in use by series ‘Blood & Water’

Blood & Water (2020) - TVDB Series ID: 381969
Blood And Water (2015) - TVDB Series ID: 302923

Added “Blood & Water (2020)” to sonarr. Then attempted to add “Blood And Water (2015)” and received this on screen error message:

Title slug ‘blood-and-water’ is in use by series ‘Blood & Water’

I checked the log tables and saw this:

Invalid request Validation failed:
– Title slug ‘blood-and-water’ is in use by series ‘Blood & Water’

I checked the actual log file and saw this:

20-5-21 21:08:41.6|Warn|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed:
– Title slug ‘blood-and-water’ is in use by series ‘Blood & Water’

The logs do not indicate anything else, before or after, related to this issue.

I seem to have a similar problem.

I am using Windows version

I already have the TV series “Colditz” and have been trying to add Colditz (2005)

Colditz - tvdbid 77020 https://www.thetvdb.com/series/colditz
Colditz (2005) - tvdbid 123361 https://www.thetvdb.com/series/colditz-2005

When I try and do so I get the message Title slug ‘colditz’ is in use by series ‘Colditz’

Setting the logging to Debug shows:

20-5-23 15:02:49.5|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/rootFolder: 200.OK (4866 ms)
20-5-23 15:02:49.8|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/series/lookup?term=coldit: 200.OK (2044 ms)
20-5-23 15:02:49.8|Debug|AddApplicationVersionHeader|Unable to set version header
20-5-23 15:02:53.1|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/series/lookup?term=coldi: 200.OK (5740 ms)
20-5-23 15:02:53.1|Debug|AddApplicationVersionHeader|Unable to set version header
20-5-23 15:02:54.5|Warn|SonarrErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed:
– TitleSlug: Title slug ‘colditz’ is in use by series ‘Colditz’
20-5-23 15:02:54.5|Debug|Api|[POST] /api/v3/series: 400.BadRequest (1584 ms)
20-5-23 15:02:59.9|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/health: 200.OK (0 ms)
20-5-23 15:02:59.9|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/system/status: 200.OK (7 ms)
20-5-23 15:03:01.8|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/log/file: 200.OK (7 ms)

If you would like any more information; please let me know.

I think for that one, the 2005 remake should actually be called “Colditz (2005)” as per tvdb rules. The url looks correct, but the name is still just “Colditz” when I look at the page.

E.g. compare https://www.thetvdb.com/series/battlestar-galactica with https://www.thetvdb.com/series/battlestar-galactica-2003

That’s interesting.

I have gone into thetvdb and changed the name of the series to Colditz (2005) (something I didn’t think I would be allowed to do).

I will wait a while and see what happens once the data has been refreshed.

What I don’t understand though is why Sonarr picked up the “Colditz” slug rather than “Colditz-2005” one.

Because & becomes and and they’re “different” names to TheTVDB we’ll need to add an override for this one.

Someone saw fit to change the 2005 series’ title to the exact same as the original series, one issue that causes is the slug is the same, but it’d also cause conflicts with matching releases.

Thank you. I was able to add “Blood and Water (2015)”. Sonarr doesn’t import episodes for “Blood and Water (2015)”, so I attempted a manual import in Sonarr. Sonarr fails to allow a manual import.

Receive the following error in log tables:

NzbDroneErrorPipeline: Request Failed. GET /api/manualimport: Sequence contains more than one element

Ahh right, the series names are going to conflict still. We’ll have to add an alias.

Following my series rename in thetvdb of the 2005 version of Colditz to Colditz (2005) it can now successfully be added to Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.