Title-less episode is not importing

Sonarr Version 3.0.6.1265
Mono Version 5.20.1.34
Debug Logs: Logs

Description:
Currently Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Episode 9 is title-less. I’ve searched TheTVDB, Disney Plus, IMDB and StarWars.com. None of the sites have a title for this episode.

Still Sonarr was able to query indexers for a release of this episode, find one and sent it to the download client. However, once downloaded Sonarr failed to import the release and logged the following error,

“One or more episodes in this release were not imported or missing. {name of torrent}. Episode has TBA title and recently aired.”

I found it interesting that it (Sonarr) could search for a untitled release and send results to a download client but refuse to import it once downloaded. If it can’t import it then what was the point of searching for it and downloading it?

Oddly, I had the same issue with the TV Series ‘The Chi’ earlier this year. However in that case the TBA episode did in fact get imported with a TBA title. That is exactly how it showed up on all my Kodi clients. At some point from then until now, the title of that episode of The Chi was updated publicly on all the appropriate online TV Series databases. That update eventually propagated to all my Kodi clients. I have also applied at least two updates to Sonarr in that time as well.

On the other hand, I went ahead an manually copied the SW:The Bad Batch episode file over to its appropriate directory and successfully performed a manual import and manual rename. It’s currently titled, “The Bad Batch - S01E09 - TBA”

At this point, I am reasonably sure that once a title for this episode is publicly available that this episode will automatically renamed/updated.

Still, what can I do in the meantime to make sure this doesn’t happen again, so that unnamed episodes are successfully imported?

Just added to the FAQ the spiel

https://wiki.servarr.com/en/sonarr/faq#why-wont-sonarr-import-a-tba-episode

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.