The path for an episode should be clickable

Today there path the an episode is there in plain text, and you have to copy it and, for example, paste it in the Run-dialog (win+r) in windows, instead of just clicking it and getting basically the same functionality.

I can see there could be security issues involved here, so I would make a setting that is default on that limits this functionality to either the local host (127.0.0.1)(default) or optionally the local subnet, or completely off.

Note: the web server should NOT deliver the file, it should be assumed that the path is accessible by the client, else there would be to many security issues.

https://forums.sonarr.tv/search?expanded=true&q=The%20path%20for%20an%20episode%20should%20be%20clickable

are you saying you can’t generate an a-tag around the displayed path??

I just did a test as a proof of concept on my local machine, and it’s true that chrome downloads the file, but Firefox, internet explorer and Edge all just use the application associated with the file type to open it.

I’m saying we’re not going to. If you’re using a browser it works with and the paths are local/accessible from your location then they work, but anything else requires path remapping or a plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.