System > Tasks keep stalling

Sonarr version (exact version):
Windows 10

As of thursday or so, tasks keep stalling. They start and simply hang until i end task on sonarr and restart.

https://filebin.net/y3x2b25x9g4z4hcw

There are 2 log files from the last restart. Once again “Process Monitored Downloads” & “Rss Sync” are stalled. After i end task and restart it works once or twice then simply hangs.

Edit: “Process Monitored Downloads” appears to be the culprit. after the last end task/restart that is the first task to stall

So i killed it, tried to do a manual import as it seems that may be a/the issue now

https://filebin.net/nylnq5kzncms645r

It shows importing 1 of 1 for 5 minutes or so and then simply goes away. Never shows completed or imported. Here it the trace from the restart until the point at which the label was removed from the UI (usually at the end of a successful task) and it still shows as “Manual Import” is running in the System > Tasks

I loaded the series/season for the 1 episode and it IS there. I checked the recycle bin where it moves them after it has updated and it IS there. So something is stalling after it moves the current one to recycle & is copied to the data drive. Also checked Plex and it is showing the updated one there. So it appears everything worked except sonarr didn’t trigger it as done (this is where i would need the help in knowing why it thinks it isn’t done)

Found the issue! FFS that was annoying. So the issue is a multi-part one.

Source: I had a post-processing script that was hanging with a cmd line script (it was waiting for a response).

Side-Effect: Post processing issue completely locks up sonarr. So i figured sonarr would pass off the command and move on but that is not the case. The post processing actually becomes part of sonarr so to speak and takes on the burdens of the scripts.

Guess it isn’t possible to pass off the custom script execution as its own process/thread so if something goes wrong with it, it doesn’t completely stall sonarr too?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.