Syntax Error after '<!' characters

Sonarr version = 2.0.0.5228
Mono version = 3.10.0
OS = FreeNAS 11.1-U5

Log here https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgBetJs66VaFi_lS-B-N6pDb9vGzGw

So Sonarr has been working fine until last week. I can manually download items directly from the net and Sonarr sees them etc but doing it via Sonarr itself just doesn’t work now or manually adding them.

I did look around the forum and did see the mention of updating mono but that doesn’t seem to be an option with the FreeNAS build so just wondering if anyone else has figured this issue out at all.

I had the same error on FreeNAS… fixed by upgrading Mono. You can do it, not sure why you say otherwise. I am no FreeNAS expert, but a simple pkg update in my Sonarr jail worked for me…

Hi, I mean I don’t know how to upgrade sorry as there is no option within the Sonnar UI.

So how do I go about upgrading via the sonnar jail?

There is an update facility in Sonarr… Look in the System menu… Updates (2nd tab).
You can also do it “raw” in FreeNAS, but you need to be able to log into the jail, run a shell etc… if you are not familiar with that, definitely try it via the UI first. Much easier. Success or otherwise might depend on your FreeNAS setup, permissions etc… And you will need a means to SSH into the jail environment, so yeah, there’s a bit of preliminaries to set up.

I got Sonarr to update just fine… have never been able to get Radarr to do the same…

Hmm… actually, I just banged out the last reply without thinking too much… as I’m rather occupied with some issues.

I suspect you will need to dive into FreeNAS… to update Mono… which is the root cause of this error. Actually, I only hit this error after updating Sonarr as I recall!

So… I hope you are savvy with FreeNAS jails etc… if not, I can give you pointers, but there are probably other forum users more expert than I am. I get by… thanks to being a Unix sysadmin in a previous life - a LONG time ago (try early 1980s) :wink: Yep… when Linus Torvalds was just a uni student (met him when he was developing what turned into Linux) But I digress - sorry!

Next post - let me know what level of experience you have with FreeNAS, Unix shells etc… you don’t need to know much… but a little will help a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.