Synology, sonarr, nzbget

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.4.1.6-9
Debug logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GE2XyQ8QZ3_0pIctdEZm5-bRj5jcv57A/view?usp=drivesdk
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Apologies if you’ve heard this a million times… I’ve seen plenty of answers, but not for my particular scenario… I have a ds418play, with native sonarr and nzbget (NOT docker containers which I could never get to work)… Sonar sends my TV episodes to nzbget ok, nzbget downloads them ok, but sonarr fails to grab them from the completed folder… I’ve set permissions to the /volume1/download folder (does the subfolders inherit these?) as r/w for pretty much every user, group, app, monkey, and sea turtle at this point… I realize I’m very new to this, but shouldn’t this stuff “just work”… Fwiw this result is why I couldn’t use docker… Any advice up to and including going back to PC based sonarr (hey, it works but I just forked out a ton of money for a nas that could do it for me) would be appreciated

the docker issue will most likely have been due to using a path of /volume1/downloads in your other apps and you cant map /volume1 in the containers so they cant see that path.

to get around that issue you change everything to use a share instead, eg /downloads, as they can all see those if you add a volume in the container config for /downloads to /downloads. alternatively you can setup a remote path (in the dockered sonarr) and map /volume1/downloads to /downloads so it replaces one with the other

not sure why the native apps arent working. it cant be a volume issue as they can both see /volume1. the logs point to sonarr not being able to see files in /volume1/downloads/completed/tv/ so its got to be a permissions issue somewhere on that path.

maybe check the permissions on each subfolder all the way down. the sonarr app will be running as a specific user (defaults to sonarr i think) unless youve changed that and so long as it has access to the folders where the files end up it should work

You just have to add permissions to folder where the files are downloaded!
You must add the whole GROUP users to have write/read access to that specific folder otherwise is not going to work. After adding Individuals users you have to add also the GROUP users with read/write otherwise is not going to work.

Thats all

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply rhom and wolfyrion… i got called out of the country for a family emergency

that was the ticket… it was a permissions thing (synology has 3 types of permissions, and i only noticed 2)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.