Synology sabnzb/sonarr set up

Sonarr version (exact version): Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.4689
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.8.0.108-11
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

hhi there really strugglinng setting up sonarr so thhat it moves and renames the files i download through sab, sonar is linked up it sends thhe downloads to sab, sab downloads off my pc annd then moves to my synonlogy automatically but it nevber gets picked up by sonnar and moved to the correct folders please help struggling like mad, hhad it all set up onn my pc and it was working great, all i hhave done is basiaclly put sonarr on the synology and set sab to send completed stuff to thhe server so i really dont know what i need to do in order for sonnarr to pick it up it just shhows as 100%downnloaded on the folder thhrough sonnarr

Look at Activity: Queue and debug logs (there’s a reason we request them).

1 Like

Sorry mate really new to this where can I find them on the sonar setting on the synology

settings > general > logging

the files it generates should be under the logs folder where sonarr is installed.

cant remember the default path the sonarr package uses as ive been using the docker variant for years now (i like that its completely isolated from DSM especially when running into mono issues)

I’m having similar issue. Also new to this. I use Synology 918+. Both Sonarr and NZBget running on Docker. Sonarr sends the signal, NZBGET downloads the file, but the file never gets moved to TV folder.

And log here: https://pastebin.pl/view/ca725466

Could it be because NZBget put downloaded files in folder? Instead of just plain file…

the volume mapping you have in sonarr for /downloads most likely does not exactly match the one you have in the nzbget container for /downloads.

change the one in sonarr to match the one in nzbget and it should work. if you cant work it out screenshot the volume mappings for nzbget and we can compare them to the ones for sonarr youve already posted.

yep. youve got sonarr set to use /docker/nzbget/downloads/completed/Sonarr which doesnt match the mapping the nzbget container is using.

in the sonarr container change the volume mapping for /downloads to /docker/nzbget/downloads so it matches the nzbget volume mapping and it should work.

you will need to stop/start the sonarr container after you make the change.

I tried that and now, the file ends up in folder called Sonarr and still isn’t moved to TVs folder. See screenshot.

wait, where were they ending up previously? nzbget should have been leaving them in that folder for sonarr to collect all the time (as you havent changed the nzbget config)

in sonarr, open the series page for Vikings and edit it - screenshot that or post the path it has set. is it /TVs/Vikings? or something else. ie if your root folders (where sonarr is supposed to save to) are also wrong then its not going to work.

youll need to set the logging to debug and then grab something for it to download and process. the logs it generates should tell us whats happening

Previously, they were ending up in same folder - docker/nzbget/downloads/completed/Sonarr

that looks fine. we will need debug logs to work out whats happening.

also, just to confirm. go to the wanted page, click on manual import, click on the blue folder icon and see if you can browse to /downloads.

does it contain that Vikings folder in there, the same one you see under .../completed/Sonarr. just want to check the sonarr container can actually see that folder structure in there.

Ok, here’s the log: https://pastebin.pl/view/23c153e5

And here’s the screenshot from Wanted. I can see the Viking folder files there…

21-1-27 12:46:18.4|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/completed/Sonarr/Vikings.S06E11.1080p.WEB.H264-GLHF

sonarr still doesnt have the right volume mapping for /downloads there should have been a completed folder, then a Sonarr folder, then the (job) vikings folder in that screenshot path. they doesnt exist.

nzbget has /downloads/completed/Sonarr/Vikings.S06E11.1080p.WEB.H264-GLHF
sonarr has /downloads/Vikings.S06E11.1080p.WEB.H264-GLHF
they have to match exactly for it to work

confirm the volume mapping for the sonarr container, what is /downloads set to? it should be /docker/nzbget/downloads so it matches whats in nzbget

if its set correctly and you stopped/started the sonarr container to pick up that change then you may have to recreate the container

Yes, volume mapping is fine - /downloads - set to /docker/nzbget/downloads. Everything ends up in Sonarr folder… But Sonarr has access to Movies/TVs, so why it won’t move them? Would you have time for quick Teamviewer session?

because while it seems to be configured correctly the container is not picking up that change so its pointing to the wrong location and cant see those files.

if you stopped/started the sonarr container to pick up that change (and it hasnt done so) then you may have to recreate the container. you wont lose any data, its just annoying to do it in DSM

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.