Synology / Docker permission troubles

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5153
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.10.0.160
Description of issue:

Hi everybody!

It seems that I can’t make sonarr to import downloaded files.
I am getting the infamous error by DownloadedEpisodesImportService:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/The.Show.S01.E01.avi

I am running sonarr in docker on a Synology NAS. In docker, I mounted the paths as written in this guide, with the excpection of naming the mount path to the folder for my tv shows /TV Shows instead of /tv for reasons of consistency.

I have configured the environment variables PUID and PUIG according to above mentioned guide as well, and the user and group I have defined definitely have permissions for all the folders in question.

Sonarr correctly finds episodes and sends them to SABnzbd, which is not running via docker but as an app directly on the Synology NAS by the way. SABnzbd downloads the episode, but Sonarr does not import it. I always get errors as described above.

However, when I try to manually add an episode in Sonarr by navigating to Wanted -> Manual Import, everything works fine. Obviously Sonarr is able to read and write the /downloads and /TV Shows folders after all!

Does anybody have an idea how to get this to work?
Mind that I have already tried to set Remote Path Mappings in Settings -> Download Client already. This did not help unfortunately.

I’d really appreciate some help!

Remote Path Mapping should be the solution here, I think.
Sonarr and SAB are running on “different” machines (one in docker, one on the host), so you need to use RPM to translate /volume1/downloads/complete/radarr/ into something your docker container understands, since the container won’t have that path.

When you do a manual import in sonarr, I’m guessing you are browsing to /downloads for example?
And in SAB you have specified that completed downloads for the sonarr category should be moved to /radarr (relative to /volume1/downloads/complete, which is your SAB “Completed Download Folder”)?

So you’d need to set the remote path to /volume1/downloads/complete and the local path to /downloads. Pay attention to the hostname field too :slight_smile:

I made some assumptions, so your /downloads path in the container and your “Completed Download Folder” in SAB may be something different, you can verify from the docker config (or doing a manual import in sonarr) and SAB’s configuration.

Also, seeing “radarr” used for a sonarr config was a bit confusing to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

if everything is on the same synology then use the sharenames, dont use anything starting with /volumeX in your configs

eg if sab saved to /downloads/sab/completed then you map /downloads to /downloads in docker for sonarr then its the same path on both sides and will just work (presuming permissions are setup properly, which it looks like they are if you can manually import)

if sab saves to /volume1/downloads/sab/completed then youll need a remote path mapping to get it work or youll get the error youre currently getting - that path doesnt exist in your dockered sonarr

1 Like

What? :grin: (Stupid me pasted a message from the radarr log which showed the same problem; Edited;)

I have now set the remote path to /volume1/downloads/complete/ instead of /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr - I’ll report back if that works.

Still, it is a bit confusing to me that sonarr reports the correct folder /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/The.Show.S01.E01.avi in the error message. It seems that if sonarr knew exactly where to look for the file?

I have to admit I am not exactly sure how to do this. Do you suggest creating a folder above volume1 and point both SABnzbd and sonarr to that folder? How would I configure this in docker? If I try to add a folder for a docker container in the volumes tab I can only see the folder structure in /volume1/. I suppose I’d have to configure this via CLI? :fearful:

Your download client is giving that path to sonarr.
Sonarr is then trying to find that path in its own docker container.

Please ignore that advice. That would be applicable if both sonarr and sab are in a docker container. It is not applicable here.

Still no luck. Sonarr is not able to import the newly downloaded episode.

Here’s my current settings once again:
In docker, I have configured the volumes as follows:

File/Folder - Mount path

/downloads/complete/sonarr - /downloads
/video/TV Shows - /TV Shows
/docker/Sonarr - /config

In Sonarr, the Remote Path Mapping is

Host - local IP address of my Synology NAS (192.168.10.10)
Remote Path - /volume1/downloads/complete/
Local Path - /downloads/

SABnzbd itself saves downloaded files to

/volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr

By the way, pointing the remote path to /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/ did not seem to work either. I am really kind of stuck here.

can you change the volume mapping to this;
/downloads - /downloads

also reconfigure your sonarr category in SAB to save to /downloads/complete/sonarr and not /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr

should probably work after that

btw;

could you confirm this? when i click on the add folder button i get its name, NAS as the top level, and i can only see shares underneath, i cant even see any of the three main volumes i have. (/volume1, /volume2, and /volume6)

im running docker app v17.05.0-0367, and DSM 6.1.5

how are you configuring it at the moment?

If I did this, I would no longer be able to access the files downloaded by SABnzbd with the FileStation app, would I? That would not really be an option for me.

My bad, it is as you describe: I can see the Shared folders on the NAS.

I stick with the web interfaces of Sonarr and the Docker app in DSM as much as possible, to be honest.

you might want to double check filestation as it only shows shared folders.

you cant even see /volume1 in there, but if you could then you’d probably notice that /volume1/downloads is identical to /downloads

OK, so I got rid of all the /volume1 references in Docker and Sonarr (if there had been any).
The Remote Path Mappings in Sonarr are:

Host - Remote Path - Local Path

IP address of the NAS - /downloads/complete/sonarr - /downloads

In SABnzbd however, I can’t set the folder to /downloads/complete/sonarr for there is only a /downloads folder in /volume1, but not in the root directory above. At least none that I can see when I try to alter the setting in SABnzbd.

Also, in the container settings for Sonarr in Docker, I can’t set /downloads to /downloads, since I can only see the shared folders in /volume1 - don’t I? Wouldn’t I set /volume1/downloads to /downloads then? Am I not getting something here?

I accessed the NAS via SSH and checked if there was a /downloads folder in the root directory - there wasn’t. So it would definitely not work setting SABnzbd to /downloads instead of /volume1/downloads.

Still having the same issues I am afraid. :confused:

You’re making it far too difficult for yourself.

Remote Path Mappings are easy if you do them step by step, or a nightmare if you don’t and just guess.

Easiest method is to use Wanted->Manual Import to find the download. Don’t actually import, just use the feature to explore the filesystem via the webui.

Example based on your post 3d ago:

Reported by Sab: /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/The.Show.S01.E01.avi
Found via Wanted->Manual Import: /downloads/The.Show.S01.E01.avi
Which mapping is required to change the first path into the second?
/volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr -> /downloads

You’ll notice that you forgot the /sonarr in your remote path mapping despite it being present in the container mount path.

I wish!

If you check the last lines of the comment that you referred to, you’ll see that I had already tried /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr, which, of course, had made a lot of sense to me. It did not work though.

Is it OK to enter the local IP address of my NAS as host without any further characters, ie.g. ´192.168.10.10´?

In an earlier post you had:
Host - local IP address of my Synology NAS (192.168.10.10)
Remote Path - /volume1/downloads/complete/
Local Path - /downloads/

which is wrong.

In another post you had:
IP address of the NAS - /downloads/complete/sonarr - /downloads

which is also wrong.

So what do you have now? Both as docker container volume mapping and remote path mapping.

PS: Yes, IP is good, as long as it’s the same in the settings and the mapping.

This is the way I have the mapping in the linuxserver sonarr container.

Host <-- Needs to match the IP-address of your Synology
Remote Path <-- Needs to match the category Destdir in NZBGet
/volume1/download_client/Sonarr/
Local Path <-- Needs to match the Docker mapping for your download directory
/downloads/

As you can read here, down at the bottom of the post, I have tried /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr, and it didn’t work.

In fact, after the post above by @Mirx_NL, I changed my setting once again to

IP address of the NAS - /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/ - /downloads/

… thinking that maybe I had to restart Sonarr to get it working or so.
Sill experienced the same problem.

What is the error you get in Sonarr now? When you hover over the yellow icon in Activity->Queue?

What is the Host that you configured in Settings->Download Client->Sabnzbd?

Thanks for keeping up the support!

It’s still the same error I think. From the logs:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/Series.Season.Episode

From hovering over the yellow icon the queue:
Series.Season.Episode No files found are eligible for import in /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/Series.Season.Epsiode/

The host I defined for SABnzbd is localhost.

then set the Host=localhost in the Remote Path Mapping.

I did, and it did not seem to work either. Can’t confirm this properly though, since I was so fed up with this that I took the plunge and deleted the content of the /config folder for the Sonarr container (the path to which was also set in the Sonarr container settings, see this post) and started from scratch.

I left all the settings for the container the same (again, see this post) and I set up the Remote Path Mappings as follows:

localhost - /volume1/downloads/complete/sonarr/ - /downloads/

I added one series with some files already existing and I have already successfully imported another newly downloaded episode.

Thanks a lot for helping me through this!