Support for Duo/Google Authenticator or YubiKey

Adding another form of security for access would be awesome. If this already exists, any examples of the setup would be awesome.

Thanks,
Jonas

How about a VPN layer or SSH -D SOCKS PROXY?

I understand the extreme basics of networking. I totally know what a VPN is but I surely don’t know too much about proxies. If you have any good resources, I will do my research. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Jonas

Where do you have Sonarr hosted? Remotely (seed box) or locally?

It is store locally.

Are you accessing it from outside your LAN? Is it in any way exposed to the Internet?

I’m just trying to understand the need for 2 factor/2 step authentication.

No worries. Its all within the LAN at the moment, but I am looking for access outside of my LAN eventually.

Thanks!

There’s 100 ways to do this, but no matter what you ultimately do, I’d recommend not directly exposing Sonarr to the Internet. In other words, do not port forward the port for Sonarr from your router to the computer running Sonarr.

One way to do it…
If you are using Linux to host Sonarr or have a Linux computer on your network, I’d suggest using ssh for remote connections. Please read up on ssh best practices before opening it up to the Internet.

Once you have sshd running, you can ssh from your remote location and use the -D switch to open a SOCKS proxy. Then, from wherever you are, you can access websites that are only Internal to your LAN.

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated.

Jonas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.