Stops scanning each time at same Series

Sonarr version 2.0.0.4645:
Windows
I am running Sonarr and have the series stored on an Unraid System.

Recently the series update stops at exactly the same series and the scan stops.
According to the logs it finishes the scan of the series but never starts on the next series and the popup box has it sitting on the same series it just scanned, never changes.
If I restart sonarr, it gets to the exact same series, says it has finished but never moves to the next.

I’ve done diskchecks/file system checks on the drive that contains the tv series sonarr gets stuck on plus the next alphabetical series which is on a different disk, no issues.

Ideas? - not sure if this is for this forum or Unraid… but unraid is reporting no issues…

What do the ((debug logs)) show?

This sounds like the MediaInfo issue when it runs into an invalid file. Which should be fixed in the latest version of MediaInfo and a fix is in Sonarr’s develop releases.

Hi Markus,

I turned on the debugging but I have no idea what I should be looking for…
The below is the last few lines in the log and hasnt updated for 20 minutes.
Whether the below captures the issue or its something happening in another concurrent thread I am unsure.
What do I need to paste to help someone help me get to the bottom of this?

17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for Awkward - s03e10 - Redefining Jenna - SD TV - 2HD.tbn
17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: SDTV v1
17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed:
17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'Awkward - s03e01 - Cha-cha-cha-changes - SD TV.tbn’
17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|LanguageSpecification|Checking if report meets language requirements. English
17-3-24 17:27:10.4|Debug|ReleaseRestrictionsSpecification|Checking if release meets restrictions: Superstore.S02E17.HDTV.x264-SVA

We need the logs that cover the series it’s freezing on being refreshed. The easiest would be to clear the log files and refresh that one series in Sonarr then post the full log to hastebing/pastebin or another site and link it here.

Hi Markus,

As soon I restart sonarr it starts scanning all series as I guess it never finishes. so has to redo everything everytime I restart.
It stops on “The Bachelor” - I don’t blame it really.

http://pastebin.com/duu6wEdS

Ok so I looked at The Bacherlor season 21 Episode 09, which it looks like was the last thing it scanned.
The.mkv file is 0 bytes… So that would be the issue.

I would imagine something has gone wrong with unraid or the save at some point, I had a powercut a while ago, potentially that.

So going forward… Could sonarr if it sees files that are 0 bytes redownload them? or even < the minimum file size in the settings grab them? - not sure on the best idea but something to think about.

Thanks for all your help.

I just donated $20 to Sonarr, long overdue. Appreciate that the developers are so keen to help when I’ve struck the first issue in a year, and was probably not a Sonarr issue so much as a file system issue.

Cheers!

1 Like

So going forward… Could sonarr if it sees files that are 0 bytes redownload them? or even < the minimum file size in the settings grab them? - not sure on the best idea but something to think about.

This is a bit tricky as Sonarr doesn’t reprocess files, except to get mire information from media info in some cases, which is where it runs into this issue. Something we can think about though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.