Stop sonarr from downloading batches after all episodes

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.4.991
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Sonarr go-aheading the download of batches for shows all episodes already downloaded

Downloading shows as the come out gets each episode, but sometimes sonarr proceeds to have the after-season batch downloaded even though all the episodes are already downloaded. I’ve only had this happen for a couple shows even though on this tracker every show has an after-season batch. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Sonarr will only do that if the release is an upgrade to all existing files (or all files are missing). Make sure your cutoffs are set correctly and if you delete files enable Ignore Deleted Episodes so Sonarr doesn’t see them as missing.

That is not the behaviour I’m seeing for this show. It downloaded episode 12, downloaded the batch for episodes 1-12 (12 was not a v2 nor higher quality), and then downloaded the batch again when episodes 1-6 had the v2 version added.

A v2 batch would replace a v1/unnumbered release. Without debug logs from those grabs it’s going to be impossible to say why exactly those releases were grabbed.

I was more worried it was user error. So it will download a v2 batch by default (which seems to be if any episodes have a v2, rather than if every episode has a v2?). Is there a way to tell sonarr not to grab a v2 batch (or to just never grab batches ever)?

The problem is Sonarr doesn’t know which files in the batch are v2, it’s just told this batch is v2 (effectively a proper/repack) and it grabs it.

You might be able to get creative with a release profile and block it via regex, but that’ll depend how they’re named and if they continue to be named consistently.

Oh, I found this “propers and repacks” section in file management, I think that might be what I wanted. I switched to “don’t upgrade automatically” and I think that should stop batches from automatically downloading?

That’ll stop all v2 upgrades from happening, not just batches, but if that’s not an issue then that’ll work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.