Still more on path issues

I add new TV series rarely, so I can never remember the special things you have to go through to get it to work.
I want to add a new series. I run Sonarr from its install folder. It does not offer a path (I did check create empty folders), so I tick “open new path”. Of course, the new path does not exist, so I add it manually. Then, every time, when I check “edit” the series, the folder is there, but it is duped, as follows:

N:\Sonarr Downloads\The Show\The Show

It does not add episodes after this, and I am assuming that it is looking for N:\Sonarr Downloads\The Show.
I have tried this many times, including creating the folder myself, so there may be some ghost in some obscure file somewhere that keeps doubling the title… any suggestions?
Thanks

Sonarr version (2.0.0.5252):
Mono version (N/A):
Debug logs: Yes. Don’t know how to post this
Description of issue: See above

The folder path the system will ask you for is the root path where all your tv shows will sit.

eg. “N:\Sonarr Downloads” is the root folder of your tv shows.

Your TV shows will then go to “N:\Sonarr Downloads<TV SHOW><Season><Episode File>”

Thank you, but what I get when I do that is “path is already configured as a root folder”, and it won’t create the “new” one. I had deleted it and attempted to re-add it with N:\Sonarr Downloads.

Easiest to resolve, kind of destructive:

• Remove all your series from sonarr
  • Add a new series. Search for anything, as long as you get to the the dropdown where you select the root folder.
  • Select “add a path”, from this dialog box, remove all the crappy N:\Sonarr Downloads\Series\ paths using the red x.
  • Add a single new path, N:\Sonarr Downloads\ (now it will let you pick that folder, since it’s no longer part of a previously configured root folder, the crappy folders are no longer known to sonarr).
  • Add series again. For the love of your favorite deity, never* ever add a new root folder again, just select N:\Sonarr Downloads\ from the dropdown for all series. To speed this up you can use the “import from disk” thingy rather than search for each series and add them one by one…

(*: unless you have multiple volumes where you want to save series to)

The less-destructive way (not removing series from sonarr) would be to use the mass editor.
You can create a “fake” root folder, e.g. N:\Temp\, use the mass editor to point all series to that one, remove crappy N:\Sonarr Downloads\Series\root folders as described above. Add N:\Sonarr Downloads\ again as root path, use mass editor to point all series to that path, then remove N:\Temp\ as a root path.

Thank you very much for your help. I haven’t had time to try it yet (I have MANY tv shows to look for, even though most never update). But I will soon. I confess I don’t understand the way it’s configured, but I still appreciate sonarr.

OK tried it. Very confusing. I got this;

1. I “deleted” all my series from sonarr. I don’t know if I should delete the paths in my folders or not. I’m not sure what “remove” means.
  2. I did not get “Add a path” - I did get “Add a different path”, but no sign of N:\Sonarr Downloads\Series\ paths, other than that was the option before “Add a different path”. There are no red x’s anywhere to be seen.
  3. Where do I add “N:\sonarr downloads”? In Explorer? or in Sonarr? Don’t see where I can do this.
    By this time everything got too confusing to continue. I think the best thing might be to remove Sonarr completely and reinstall.

Nope. Only one of about 20 shows created a folder.
This difficulty seems to be so common - I don’t understand why.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.