Stacked (CD1/CD2) episodes?

I think this is a feature request rather than a support request.

Occasionally (VERY occasionally; one series out of 200 so far) there is a show uploaded with multiple files (labeled CD1/CD2) per episode (The Hollow Crown, fwiw). Sonarr pulled everything (4 episodes in season 1), but only sorted the CD2 AVI files. Plex wants multi-file TV episodes named like:

[Title] - [S00E00]-[CD0] - [title].[ext]

From what I can tell, anyway. (Really it ignores the title.) Is there any way to get Sonarr to handle these rare occasions?

Thanks!

Use the Prefixed Range multi-episode style and Sonarr will name them SxxEyy-Ezz which is the format Plex supports.

When I look for The Hollow Crown I see multiple files (one episode per file), not exactly sure what you mean by the CD releases, but if they’re both labeled with episode 1-4 Sonarr won’t import them both.

So it’s actually the reverse problem: multiple files per episode not multiple episodes per file. So the files for S01E01 that are read correctly by Plex are:

The Hollow Crown - S01E01-CD1.avi
The Hollow Crown - S01E01-CD2.avi

Same for E02, E03, E04.

Thanks!

Gotcha, Sonarr only supports one file per episode, this issue will need to be dealt with manually.

At this time we’re not looking at supporting this scenario.

I understand this is old. But any update on this? Also seeing this being a nice feature as plex supports it.

No change, we have no plans to support it, it adds a lot of complexity for a limited number of series.

Understandable thanks for the update.