Square brackets not recognized

Hello, I’m using sonarr for about a year now, along with jackett for fetching torrents and qbittorrent for downloading them.
I have had a great time using it, although there is a thing that I have not figured out.
When torrent has square brackets in it “[ ]”, sonarr is unable to import it.
My workaround is to go to the folder it’s downloaded, remove the brackets, and rename the torrent’s name in qbittorrent in order for Sonarr to try to fetch the file without square brackets and succeed.
It’s working, but it defeats the purpose of automating things.
Is there a setting on sonarr i have missed in order to understand square brackets and be able to import the files itself?
If importing them is not possible, is it possible to somehow ignore torrents that have square brackets altogether so that another torrent without them is found for the requested series?

Example Torrent name with square brackets: El.Chapo.S01E02.1080p.WebRip.x264.[By ExYu-Subs HC]

Thank you in advance!

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
OS:
Debug logs:

Additional Information:

  • Information on the log files is here: https://wiki.servarr.com/Sonarr_Troubleshooting#Logging_and_Log_Files
  • Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings
  • Post the log file, not a line or two, or just the error from the Logs table
  • Post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar and link it here
  • Do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document

It does not seem like a bug, rather than a functionality, that’s why I did not post in the formal format with logs etc.
My installation is in FreeBSD Jail (Truenas) and I use the last available version.

Version: 2.0.0.5344
Mono Version: 5.10.1.57

At this point everything is guesswork. Without logs it could be any number of things. That’s the entire point of the logs, they will tell why sonarr is unable to import the files.

Also considering anime (not into that myself, but anyway) releases basically all have square brackets and are importing fine for probably 1000’s of users, I’m guessing something is wrong with your setup.

Latest available for sonarr would be 3.0.6.xxx
Mono version is also quite ancient.

I just re-read your first post, and qbittorrent stands out as the likely culprit. There’s plenty of topics about it.

1 Like

Qbit 4.3+ and Sonarr v2 are not compatible

Upgrade to v3

1 Like

Wow, I was not aware that the Truenas plugin was so far behind, I was thinking it gets updated.
Thank you for the link to that reddit post, I will migrate my installation to v3 soon, hopefully that’ll solve the issue with brackets.

Update: I did a manual install of Sonarr in a fresh Jail and issue is gone, I feel dumb that I have not done proper search on what the latest Sonarr and mono versions are prior to posting.
Anyway, thanks to those that pointed it out :slight_smile: