Sonarr wont update from 2.0.0.3243 to 2.0.0.3357

Hi,

I’m new to Sonarr and having a specific download machine, so go easy on me!

Have had Sonarr running on a fresh Win 7 OS for a little short of two weeks and have encountered issues and solved them along the way. Everything seems to all be working well but when i click “Install latest” next to the 2.0.0.3357 update in Sonarr, i get the following:

• Downloading update
  • Extracting update package
  • Moving (and then it gives a path)
  • Restarting Sonarr to apply update

The web page GUI doesnt change but i can see that i now have 4 Sonarr icons in the system tray, down toward the bottom right of the screen. If i hover the mouse over them, they all disappear except the 1 that is actually running.
When the mouse is hovered over this 1, the old system version 2.0.0.3243 is being displayed. After a refresh of the web GUI, nothing has changed and i am able to perform the “install latest” update as many times as i wish with the same result.

Have down a manual Sonarr restart and computer restart but the old version still persists to run. Any tips? If i were to download Sonarr from the Sonarr web page, would this include the latest update? Would this overwrite or keep my current settings and setup?

Thanks,
Glen

Yes.

Your settings would be fine (unless you deleted C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone manually).

What do the update logs show?

Thanks for your quick reply, i guess if i cant solve the issue then, downloading the latest version and installing over the top might be the best idea. I’ll try figure out a way to put the recent logs in without taking up kilometres of space - Im not really familiar forum tools.

It looks like i can upload photos so, ive taken a photo of the more basic version of the logs. Ive taken the second photo just for reference to ask if this is the entire log that you require? Might be able to download the file and upload it (If this forum supports that)

Thanks heaps for any help,
Glen

Use http://hastebin.com/ to paste the log, then share the link here :slight_smile:

Thanks heaps! I really hope this is what you need: http://hastebin.com/qidafoneru.tex

Thanks heaps :smile:

15-7-23 12:30:42.3|Fatal|InstallUpdateService|Failed to copy upgrade package to target folder.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin\DDay.iCal.dll' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.DeleteFile(String path) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 178
   at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.EmptyFolder(String path) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 338
   at NzbDrone.Update.UpdateEngine.InstallUpdateService.Start(String installationFolder, Int32 processId) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Update\UpdateEngine\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 99

Something is preventing Sonarr from updating that file (as well as another), either the file is in use (Sonarr was restarted manually, anti-virus locked it) or its permissions related.

Which Anti-virus software do you have installed?

Thanks! As it stands, its a fresh Win7 OS with no antivirus or any form of spyware protection installed. I do have a VPN running but i dont think this will affect it as it isnt having any issues connecting or downloading.

I guess it could be permissions enabled but, no settings have been played with that i can think of that would cause any issues here.

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to stop Sonarr, delete C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin (just that bin folder), then install the latest update manually, that should clear up any permission issues on files in that folder and get you running the latest version.

Thanks! What is stored in the bin folder? Will any settings be lost? Thanks, will do this

The installation files are in the bin folder settings and series information is in nzbdrone.db (up one folder).

Thanks, i just did this and can confirm that i am now running the latest version. I’ve got 2 errors currently though. One is, it cant find the directory with all my media and the second is it cant find the drone folder. Ive checked the settings and its all set correctly and the media folder is reachable. Tried to restart Sonarr but the service isnt running. Will do a machine restart when im home and im sure this will fix it but am currently team viewing in so, will leave that until later.

Thanks

Glad its updated for you now, this might be worth checking out if your files are hosted on a different system:

Thanks, i had a quick read of that. I have my media files stored on a WD MyLive NAS. Essentially, a 3TB hard drive connected via ethernet. It has a static IP. I’ve mapped a drive on the Sonarr-downloading system and ive got it pointed that way. It looks as though i may need to change the way that its set up?

If you connect to it from Sonarr with a drive letter then yes, either one of the steps in the FAQ should fix it up (and not have it reoccur).

This is exactly how i have it connected. Mapped to letter Z, Sonarr is set to move all files (after download) to Z:/ Public/TV.

Got any hints as to how to achieve the following? - Change your paths to UNC paths (\server\share)

Use the path that Z:\ points to, you should be able to find it with NET USE at the command prompt.

Thanks, figured that out. Feeling incredibly silly about this next thing: Was able to change the drone factory path to the correct path using the UNC path but where oh where do i set the path for the actual TV shows? I might be going blind

Use series editor to do that, you can mass update them all from there.

Will this also update where to save future series?

Yes and you can remove the old path from there as well.