Sonarr won't start after update - Synology

Sonarr version (exact version): 20170106-9
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.1-0089
Debug logs: the sonarr.txt log file doesn’t show anything related to the upgrade, should I look for another one?
Description of issue: Hello team, Synology proposed to update sonarr and mono tonight but after the upgrade, Sonarr won’t start anymore. Clicking on the launch button trigger a loading screen, status change to the start up but it comes back to stopped after a few seconds. I looked ad the sonar.txt log files but it doesn’t show anything related to the update of the boot trials.
Thanks for your help!

This is what is shown in the package center log for Sonarr

The Sonarr log won’t show anything related to the upgrade (it’s a package upgrade handled outside of Sonarr).

The logs will show Sonarr being started and any errors that are occurring.

Is Sonarr being started in those logs?
If so there is likely an error that would be helpful.
If not it’s either an issue with the Sonarr or mono plugin, which is a pain to troubleshoot. The quickest thing to do would be ((backup)) Sonarr, remove the mono and Sonarr plugins and reinstall, then once it’s going restore the backup you took earlier. If you’re going to reinstall make sure you back up first, removing the package will wipe the config (an annoying feature of Synology packages).

Hi @markus101, thanks for your answer.
It doesn’t show any start in those logs.
I have backuped the whole Nzbdrone folder and will reinstall sonarr. Should I restore the whole folder or only the nzbdrone.db file?

I have copied the db file and it seems to work like a charm. Thanks a lot again for your help!

1 Like

I just had the same thing. Seems that there was a rogue nzbdrone instance.

# ps aux | grep nzb
nzbdrone 18190  0.0  0.0 742136   116 ?        SN   Feb15   0:00 /usr/local/mono/bin/mono --debug /usr/local/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

The logs here said that there was another instance running:

/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/logs

Killed the rogue and started again through the syn UI. Seems to be working fine now.

Sorry for the noob question but how did you kill the rouge process?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.