Sonarr won't run after each upgrade (master build) - OSX

Just to confirm I’m having the same issue, OS X 10.10.2, Sonarr 2.0.0.3004. When restarting the computer after a software update, Sonarr.app can’t be launched.

As others have said, downloading a fresh copy and deleting the previous one gets around the issue.

Will a fix be mentioned on this thread or should I just look for automatic updates in the web GUI?

Trello will be updated and it should also have a fix mentioned in the change log.

Brand new to sonarr and currently have it removed. I tried to use the new app and it ran once. I setup and tested a TV show with good results. Shut down and it wouldn’t start up again at all. After a quick search found this and many other threads with the issue. Downloading the app again and replacing it worked once again but failed shortly after with nothing seeming to fix other than a re-install.

Currently waiting to hear something, I WANT to switch over from sickbeard. I’m thinking of just running it through terminal now if that is stable? I can make a plist or heartbeat script easy enough if so. I just dont want to go to all the work of building the package and have it just repeat this problem.

@markus101 Just wanted to way I’m having the same issue on my iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011). Update computer via Apps store after relaunch getting the same error “The application “Sonarr” can’t be opened.”

encountered this same behavior. for me, it seems to be a permissions error:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.osx.sonarr.tv.132376[1290]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.osx.sonarr.tv.132376[1290]): Service setup event to handle failure and will not launch until it fires.
Finder[353]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=111 label=com.osx.sonarr.tv.132376 path=/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr flags=1 : LaunchApplicationClient.cp #1136 LaunchApplicationViaLaunchDJobLabel() q=com.apple.root.default-qos
Finder[353]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=111 label=com.osx.sonarr.tv.132376 path=/Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr flags=1

manually adding the +x flag to /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr seems to have fixed the issue for now.

• dc

If someone is already on develop it would be great if you could switch to the osx-package-execute branch and make sure the change that @deesee mentioned works on upgrade.

The branch is develop + this one change, which I had someone else test as well, I just want to make sure it doesn’t cause issues and fixes the problem, so a couple more testers would be great.

How do I get to that if I currently can’t run Sonarr? All of this is greek to me. Including the bit about the +x flag. If someone could provide the actual Terminal commands to copy/paste I’d really appreciate it.

Also, @markus101, you guys really need some Macs in-house. “I’m not sure what the path is for OS X” is not acceptable for official support.

donate 500 bucks and markus can buy a basic mac mini :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

chmod +x /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/Sonarr

LOL? Sonarr is a free, open source application, we’re not getting paid to work on Sonarr or to provide support, we do it because its usually fun and we want to support it the best we can, criticism in this form isn’t appreciated or acceptable. Just because I don’t happen to have a system running OS X to instantly check the path as I’m providing support doesn’t mean someone doesn’t.

P.S. the path is above.

I’m also having a problem starting my server. Here’s the log output:

~ ❯ mono --debug /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/nzbdrone.exe
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting NzbDrone - /Applications/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/nzbdrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.3004
[Debug] ProcessProvider: Found 0 processes with the name: NzbDrone.Console
[Debug] ProcessProvider: Found 0 processes with the name: NzbDrone
[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/Users/dannypeck/.config/NzbDrone/nzbdrone.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Truncate;pooling=True;version=3 ***
[Debug] MigrationLogger: Took: 00:00:01.5132585
[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source=/Users/dannypeck/.config/NzbDrone/logs.db;cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Truncate;pooling=True;version=3 ***

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in :0

Press any key to exit…

This is a completely different error. You need to delete this file: /Users/dannypeck/.config/NzbDrone/logs.db

@markus101 Installed the osx-package-execute branch, it started and looks good. Tonight will see how it downloads, maybe push a update to that channel later to see if it restarts with a update.

@markus101 So its been running fine like this, has this fix been placed in the Develop branch so I can switch back?

Is this issue fixed in the developer branch? I’d love to switch back to using the developer branch also!

Jon

Yeah, its in develop now.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks again, Markus!

Oh thank you thank you Markus! You are the uber batman.

I was trawling the forum here for a couple weeks on and off as I tried to solve the same error as dep, happened after an upgrade of Sonarr. Although I installed via homebrew. checking the error (for anyone else that might need this) was through:

mono --debug /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/sonarr/latest/Sonarr.app/Contents/MacOS/NzbDrone.exe

zapping the logs.db file totally fixed it.

joy. thanks!