Sonarr won't recognize show

Version 2.0.0.5322
Mono Version 6.0.0.313
ubuntu 18.04.2

debug log: https://pastebin.com/s9UdTqZq

I watch a show called “vice news tonight”. It is monitored, it downloads just fine, etc. To watch it, however, I must goto videos/files/name of show as its simply not recognized. The shows in the file have blocks instead of check marks although the folder has a check mark on it. The show is simply not recognized under TV either watched or unwatched. I have tried everything I could think of including removing the files, cleaning the library, updating the file, etc. Its very strange.

Thank you…

Sonarr has nothing to do with watching it, not sure what you mean.

Again, not sure what you mean…

Ok, I have a show which does not appear in the normal tv list. I am using kodi for a player. The only way I can access this show is to goto videos/files/tv instead of the normal tv list. Sonarr recognizes the show. On reflection I am sending this to the wrong place. I no longer think this is your problem but is a problem with kodi. That being the case I am going to see what kodi has to say. Once I get it solved I will get back here and abase myself for a complaint that wasn’t your fault.

I went to kodi and posted there. Evidently there is a problem with tvdb. I switched it to the moviedb and it was recognized. Apparently tvdb is making changes. I was also told that “episode ###” was wrong and was supposed to be “S##E##”.

Anyway, its working now.

Thanks for the reply!

The problem seems to be that each episode needs to have the season/episode (S??E??) in the episode name. I am now renaming, and making sure, its in the name and then everything is dandy. The odd thing is that never used to be a problem.

My other problem is that I have 2 shows that I need to encode the episode so that the voice is in sync with the video (using handbrake). I have two shows with this problem, Vice New Tonight and Real Time with bill Mayer. My downloads for these show seem to be sdtv. I will change that and see if that fixes that problem.

Oh, one other thing. I have noticed that whilst Vice is downloading just fine it seems to disappear from the calendar after it downloads which seems odd, but not a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.