Sonarr + Utorrent - Seeding from new folder location

Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.4472
Windows 10

I have setup Sonarr to DL my TV shows from a private tracker.

The DL’s populate the downloads folder on my C Drive. Something I wish to change ideally, as I don’t want to be constantly DL-ing to my SSD. So I have set the Drone Factory location to a different destination, but this is obviously not where I needed to set the download location.

Anyway, from the DL location, the files do get successfully moved to their storage location. i.e. TV Shows\Series Name\Season Number\Show.mkv So that bit is working fine. However, it keeps the DL in the DL location, as well as copies it over. What I want to happen, is I want the show to be moved, then I want the original DL deleted, and seeding to resume from the new / permenant location. This will be another HDD again.

Is this possible? How do I set it up?

That is not supported by Sonarr. You may be able to set that up with a Custom Script in Sonarr (On Download/On Upgrade) though.

Really? So I’ll have to re-assign the download location for every torrent then?

Well, if it’s not supported it’s not supported. Seems strange it can do almost everything else I want but can’t do that. Anyway, never mind. Better get back in settings and stop Sonarr renaming everything.

Can I change the initial download location then?

That’s set by your download client.

Keep in mind, if Sonarr doesn’t import the episode (or see it imported) it see the episode as missing. If Sonarr and the downloads are on the same disk, hardlinking will keep the file seeding and import it to the series folder without using the disk space twice. You can verify that it was hardlinked, not copied with fsutil in windows. http://serverfault.com/questions/319134/how-do-i-view-a-files-hard-links-in-windows

Ok.

So what you are saying then, is that if I keep hardlinking on, and set the download location to a folder on the same disc, I only really “keep” one copy of the file, with respect to disk space, but it “appears” in both folders? Thus I can keep it seeding, and it populates my existing folder structure as I wish?

Yes, precisely (as long as the file system supports it, which NTFS does).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.