Sonarr unable to import files

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.644
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Mono JIT compiler version 6.4.0.198
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/0rgwff7d
Description of issue:

The 27 september Sonarr suddenly stopped importing downloaded content.

Sonarr tries to say it does not have access, this is however not true, nothing was changede, and system says other wise

Download destination - permissions
drwxrwxr-x 2 otheruser sonarr 0 Oct 2 20:42 Temp/

Move destination
drwxrwxr-x 2 otheruser sonarr 0 Sep 27 22:57 serier/

Sonarr is run as Sonarr
top | grep sonarr
6044 sonarr 20 0 1588872 204748 31384 S 12.5 4.2 1:10.13 mono

I’ve been having the same issue since the last patch, but am only running Sonarr 2.

Sonarr version (exact version) : 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows) : Mono JIT compiler version 6.0.0.334

When trying to copy files to my server (A synology 918+), Sonarr starts copying the file just fine (with the .partial appearing on the server). However, once the file is fully copied, and Sonarr attempts to rename it, an error appears in the log saying that it does not have access.

Sonarr then proceeds to try to copy a different file, and the same error occurs. This is particularly annoying, because it causes continuous network traffic and hard drive writing.

I am pretty confident all of the permissions are set correctly.

Sonarr version (exact version) : tested with 2.0.0.5338 and 3.0.3.652
Mono version: Mono JIT compiler version 6.0.0 (makepkg/6256b82d62f Fri 20 Sep 2019 11:18:59 PM -03)

I have been having the same issue recently, probably since I updated from 2.0.0.5322 to 2.0.0.5338. My download folder is on an ext4 partition and the series are supposed to be moved to an ntfs partition after. The setup was working before and permissions have not changed. The final destination folder on the ntfs partition has permissions

drwxrwxr-x 1 otheruser media

and sonarr is of course member of the media group.

So far, I have found 2 workarounds that can hopefully shed some light on the cause of the issue:

1. The file moving and renaming works perfectly fine if I change the series folder to an ext4 partition instead. I have applied the exact same permissions to the destination folder on the ext4 partition as the ones I used to mount the ntfs partition where the destination folder was before.

2. The file moving and renaming works fine on the ntfs partition if I remount it with sonarr as uid. So, it looks like for whatever reason, not owning the files stops sonarr from being able to rename them… even though it can create/write them thanks to group permissions (which in theory also allow it to rename the files. At least, it works if run from a terminal using “sudo -u sonarr”.).

I also thought it could be related to sonarr trying to change file permissions/ownerhsip after the move (which does not work on a mounted ntfs partition but was not a problem before) but disabling the “Set Permissions” check box in settings does not solve the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.