Sonarr unable to access downloads path

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/dQNJcfWT
Description of issue: New episode detected, torrent sent to seedbox, Torrent completes, Torrent unable to be downloaded back to local /downloads folder.

I am running Sonarr on a Synology NAS in a docker container.

I my user ‘josh’ has the UID 1026 and is in the group ‘users’ with a GID of 100.

I have passed the PUID and PGID to the docker. The docker boots, fine and I can access my Media and pull information.

I have configured a remote RTorrent downloader and a remote RSS feed. New episodes are successfully detected in the RSS feed and sent to the RTorrent server where they are downloaded.

The download completion is detected and Sonarr attempts to download the file where I then receive the following error:

20-5-16 03:06:26.9|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/The.Blacklist.S07E19.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS

I’ve found other topics on this but their solutions have not helped my situation.

I’m only allowed to post 10 screenshots as a new user, so you’ll have to use the other evidence to see that I’ve configured the docker settings to map the appropriate folders and pass the correct PUID and PGID for permissions to match between the Docker environment and the host environment.

Everything boots, everything seems to be working in that my lists and remote seedbox seem to be configured such that new episodes are detected, they are sent to the seedbox, and they are downloaded, the completed files are even detected and attempted to be downloaded. The error seems to be in relation to the local file structure mapping inside the Sonarr environment.

Remote mapping for Sonarr:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.17.54 PM

On the seedbox:

Connecting to a shell inside the docker I can check that the processes are running as the user ‘abc’:

I can see that the ID Information matches the ID information for my user on the Synology:

(Synology)

(Sonarr environment)
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.13.02 PM

the mapped downloads folder:
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.12.17 PM

Yes, while I am root due to the permissions all users should have access to the folder, and I’m able to create files:
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.12.36 PM

However, Sonarr appears to be unable to do the same.

After doing some further reading on the Sonarr Completed Download Handling process, I believe I may have misunderstood how Sonarr expects to work with remote Torrent services. I was under the impression that by providing the configuration for the remote RPC for RTorrent that the torrent would kick up, run, and once completed Sonarr woukd then download the file to it’s local directory and then import. This appears to be incorrect. If my understanding of this is correct:

My understanding of the above wiki entry is that Sonarr will not transfer the completed files back down to the Sonarr mapped local downloads folder. Instead it’s expecting the files to already exist there (such as being placed there by a local torrent client outputting completed torrents to that folder) or that the files were transferred by some other service, i.e. Syncthing or Resilio.

This was the section that tipped me off:

" Cons:

• Requires Sonarr and your download client to be on the same machine or the remote file system mounted locally and remapped in Sonarr with Remote Path Mapping."

My apologies for any wasted effort. I’ll close the thread and mark this as the answer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.