Sonarr suddenly—out of the blue—stopped working today

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4613
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.8.0.495-0xamarin1
((Debug logs)): Output of debug
Description of issue:

Woke up today, switched the comp on and noticed Sonarr wasn’t running. Tried restarting, checked for updates (there were some mono updates waiting).

The application starts and runs for a few seconds before throwing the error above.

I tried running as root just to see if it would work but it still fails.

Here’s the full stacktrace as run by root

Okay. So it wasn’t out of the blue. I got it working but the mystery deepens. In continuing to track this down, I noticed that the problems seemed to start while it was scanning for “Game of Thrones.” I had readded it since episodes will start again soon. I couldn’t remember why I had removed it. Now I remember that it had stopped working last summer.

I removed the show and it works again.

Why would that one show cause sonarr to fail so spectacularly?

Unusual character in the filenames?

I had a similar thing with Dirk Gently (the US Version) due to a ’ in the folder name.

That would make sense but both times I picked it from the interface sonarr provides. It’s creating the subdirectory itself in a folder already used by dozens of other shows.

edit: I tried sanitizing the filenames in the folders; there was one episode with commas and one with an apostrophe. It still died when I readded the show. Now, I’ve backed up the folder, deleted it completely and added the show again. We’ll see if that does it.

It’s been behaving for a few minutes now but it hasn’t recreated the folder as there’s nothing to put in it yet. I’m worried that it will start acting up again as soon as that folder is there.

No, it’s mediainfo crashing spectacularly on a specific media file. which version do you have?

Of mediainfo? I have the sonarr version posted above.

mediainfo: 0.7.82-1

Consider using the mediainfo ppa repository, which is at 0.7.92 atm.

Also, check your sonarr log files instead of the cmdline output, the logfile will tell which mediafile it tried to analyse using mediainfo.

Thanks for the great suggestions. If it starts acting up again I will check the logs but, as I mentioned, I cleaned out the folder so any specific problem children are gone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.