Sonarr shows no episodes, even after downloading them

Windows 10, 2004

I’ve gone into Sonarr on several TV shows that I have “monitored” but Sonarr doesn’t download them unless I manually search. Next, once sonarr has sent the files to SABNZBD and they are finished downloading, Sonarr doesn’t list them in the episodes, it shows them still as missing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sounds like it’s not importing, start by taking a look at Activity Queue, they’ll need to be there for Sonarr to see them ready to import, assuming they are, hover over the icon on the left and take a look at the debug logs.

Activity Queue shows the download, but when I checked the log I found the following:

“Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: X:\Sabnzbd\Complete\TV\File Name”

I’m guessing this might be because after I download the file, I use FileBot to name and move the file to my Server where TV shows go into another folder.

This looks like I need to point Sonarr at the folder with the files in it, is that correct? I’ll do some poking around, but a solution would be helpful.

I checked the File settings and the folders are correct there, where else would I need to point sonarr so that it reports the correct data?

If you move the file from the path SAB is reporting Sonarr can’t find it. Either you need to stop doing that and let Sonarr import the file (recommended) or turn off Completed Download Handling in Sonarr and point Sonarr at the directory where files are being moved to, then Sonarr will eventually scan the series folder and recognize there are files and indicate that.

Not sure what you mean.
Each series in Sonarr needs it’s own folder and the only folder Sonarr will look for files for a series is in the path set for the series.

In Sonarr, the path for each show points to the correct location.

When the files are being downloaded they are temporarily downloaded to the following folder: z:/sabnzbd/Incomplete

Then SABNZBD moves them to z:/sabnzbd/Complete

From there, I use FILEBOT to rename and move the files to their final resting spot: z:/TV/Show Name

In Sonarr, the path listed for each show is correct, z:/TV/Show Name

However, even though the show is in that folder, Sonarr lists files as missing.

Am I doing something wrong by downloading to the SABNZBD folder first? If so, how should I be doing it?

1. Enable debug logging
  2. Refresh an affected series
  3. Upload logs (suggestions as to where are in the template for support threads)
  4. Link them here.

I picked a show “Animaniacs.” I cleared the log and then did an “Updates series info and Scan Disk” Here’s what I found in the Files section:

20-11-6 12:01:03.4|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
20-11-6 12:01:06.6|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 111 releases
20-11-6 12:01:06.8|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 111, Reports grabbed: 0, Reports pending: 11
20-11-6 12:01:26.1|Info|SceneMappingService|Updating Scene mappings
20-11-6 12:01:27.8|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for Animaniacs
20-11-6 12:01:27.9|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [72879][Animaniacs]
20-11-6 12:01:28.0|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [72879][Animaniacs].
20-11-6 12:01:28.0|Warn|DiskScanService|Series' root folder (Z:\TV) doesn't exist.
20-11-6 12:01:28.4|Info|MetadataService|Series folder does not exist, skipping metadata creation
20-11-6 12:02:11.7|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for Animaniacs
20-11-6 12:02:11.8|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [72879][Animaniacs]
20-11-6 12:02:11.9|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [72879][Animaniacs].
20-11-6 12:02:11.9|Warn|DiskScanService|Series' root folder (X:\TV) doesn't exist.
20-11-6 12:02:12.2|Info|MetadataService|Series folder does not exist, skipping metadata creation
20-11-6 12:02:17.1|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for Animaniacs
20-11-6 12:02:17.2|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [72879][Animaniacs]
20-11-6 12:02:17.3|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [72879][Animaniacs].
20-11-6 12:02:17.3|Warn|DiskScanService|Series' root folder (X:\TV) doesn't exist.
20-11-6 12:02:17.6|Info|MetadataService|Series folder does not exist, skipping metadata creation

At first I saw that it was linked to an old Drive Letter, so I changed it from Z to X. Still couldn’t find any, Sonarr shows 0 out of 261

Is X:\ a mapped network drive?
Are you running Sonarr as a Windows service?
If yes to both, take a look at the FAQ, this is covered there, if not, there is something else in your setup that needs to be fixed, if Sonarr can’t find the root folder or the series folder it can’t find the files.

Yes, X:\ is mapped network drive where the local system account DOES have access to the share.

And yes, Sonarr is run as a service.

So, you want me to NOT use Sonarr as a service?

I don’t understand “Change the service user account to the target user account”

Microsoft does not support Mapped Network Drives with Windows services, sometimes they work, but sometimes they just stop working, so either switch to a UNC path or don’t run Sonarr as a service.

If I understand you correctly, you want me to switch from X:\ to “\ServerName\Path”, correct? If so, where do I change this setting in Sonar, I’m assuming it would show up in ALL the paths for my programs.

On the Animaniacs listing in Sonarr, I changed the path from X:, to \ServerName\Storage\TV Shows and it still says that that location does not exist.

I must be doing something wrong, but if I’m on the right track, I would like to know where you change this for ALL files at once, assuming I can get it to work.

Is that the path X:\ maps to?
What exactly do the logs show now (upload and link them here)?

Seems like it, but something is still wrong.

Use series editor to change the root folder for all series, but I wouldn’t do that until after you get it working for one series.

Thank you for helping me, I do appreciate it.

Path X:\ maps to \SERVER2019\Storage\TV shows\

Even with the correct Server Information, it doesn’t link. Some shows DO show the correct number of episodes and seasons with just "X:\TV shows\ It just boggles my mind how some of them can work, and some don’t

I am thinking my problem is associated with how my computer sees my Server on the network. I know that I had to do some configuring so that I could even see my Server on my network. I wonder if this could be what I need to do.

Here’s the log:

20-11-8 07:13:29.0|Info|SceneMappingService|Updating Scene mappings
20-11-8 07:13:30.1|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for Animaniacs
20-11-8 07:13:30.2|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [72879][Animaniacs]
20-11-8 07:13:30.2|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [72879][Animaniacs].
20-11-8 07:13:30.2|Warn|DiskScanService|Series’ root folder (\SERVER2019\Storage\TV shows) doesn’t exist.
20-11-8 07:13:30.4|Info|MetadataService|Series folder does not exist, skipping metadata creation

The series that work and don’t work have the exact same root folder? That doesn’t make any sense to me, I could see specific series folders having different permissions and failing, but not a root folder selectively working like that.

Here’s one show: X:\TV shows\9-1-1\Season 03\9-1-1 - S03E18 - What’s Next WEBDL-720p.mkv

The interesting thing is, when I navigate to the server, I have to navigate to “Server2019” then to “Storage” then “TV shows”, in other words "\Server2019\Storage\TV shows\

In the past I was having trouble with some TV shows automatically populating the correct respective folder, but not all move from the download folder to the end folder.

The TV show listed above, probably only has all the shows populated in Sonarr because they were downloaded using Sonarr and they were moved from the SABNZBD Temporary folder to the end folder in \TV shows.

That’s a pretty good sign that at some point X:\ was working correctly, you can verify that Sonarr imported episodes in that folder by looking at history.

Permissions preventing Sonarr from seeing the root folder path now is the only thing that comes to mind at this point.

All right, thanks for helping me out. I think I have fixed it.

1. Backup Sonarr
  2. Uninstalled Sonarr
  3. Reinstall Sonar - This time NOT AS SERVICE, installed with file in windows /Startup Folder
  4. Checked every Series Folder (There were some showing as X:\ and Z:\ there were also folders with the following format X:\TV\Show Name, instead of X:\TV shows\Show Name.

Now, I think I’ve got everything in order.

Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.