Sonarr.service Error Sonarr Won't Autostart

I’m using ubuntu 16.04. I have followed the instructions at https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux to create a sonarr.service file located in /etc/systemd/system/

when I run
systemctl status sonarr.service
I get the follwoing output:

If I run
/usr/bin/mono /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe
I can load the sonarr webUI

Any idea why it won’t autostart?

I’m not familiar with systemd, hopefully someone else more familiar can step in. One thing to check is if Sonarr is being started when you try to start it through systemd by checking the log files for Sonarr to see if anything was logged.

My guess is that this is the issue, try with your user and group here, at least to check if that makes a difference.

I’m very new to linux. How do I check what user and group I belong to? This is a single login desktop setup, default ubuntu 16.04 installation.

cheers.

[quote=“markus101”]
I’m not familiar with systemd, hopefully someone else more familiar can step in. One thing to check is if Sonarr is being started when you try to start it through systemd by checking the log files for Sonarr to see if anything was logged.[/quote]

How do I check the sonarr log?

Cheers.

Try

whoami; id -g -n

in a terminal window, which should show your user and then your group. Basically, the user will be your login name, but I’m not familiar with Debian enough to know what the default group would be (it’s possible that it’s the same as your username).

Ok, that was it. My user and group were identical. I fixed the sonarr.service file, rebooted, and was able to start the webUI for sonarr.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.