Sonarr running but Web UI not loading

Sonarr version (exact version): Not sure, last updated in early 2017 (January?)
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2.7-8
((Debug logs)):
Description of issue: Installation has worked for years. Earlier this year, when loading the web GUI, I’m stuck at the “bouncing balls” screen. I see the white/grey bouncing balls, the text “Sonarr Ver.” in the middle, and the Sonarr logo in the background. However, Sonarr is still working perfectly fine. It’s downloading, renaming, moving just fine. I am able to interact with it (add series, search for episodes, check history, etc) via the nzb360 Android app through the API interface.

Is there something I can do to “reset” the web GUI? I can SSH into the NAS and poke around.

Which browser?
Have you tried another browser?
Any errors in the ((log files))?

I see the same behavior on every browser I’ve tried (Chrome, IE, Firefox), on multiple systems (Several Windows machines and several Android handsets/tablets). I know there’s debug logging, but I can’t enable it because I don’t have access to the GUI. Is there another way to enable it? From the terminal, I browsed through some of the log files that I see and I don’t see any errors – just normal show processing information. But I also don’t know what I’m looking for and where to look for it.

Yes, the ((log files)) link has the information on how to set it directly in the config file, in this case((trace logs)) would be the most useful.

Thanks. I enabled trace logs, stopped Sonarr (via Synology Package Center), and restarted it. Then I attempted to connect to the Sonarr Web GUI a few times. I copied the log immediately after one of these attempts. Hopefully, it’ll be easy to find the relevant entries toward the end of the log.

I took a quick look, and can see a bunch of HTTP requests, but I don’t really know what to look for. Also don’t see any relevant errors in the log.

Trace Log

Are you running other applications that use Mono such as Radarr? If so, it might be related to an issue I’ve already posted with logs here: Mono Crashes on RPI2 with multiple Mono applications

Ahh… this might be similar. I do have Radarr running and it appears to be just fine. Sonarr web UI is dead, but back-end is fine. Just as you’ve described in the other thread.

Is there something in the config/installation that is permanently changed so that this is not easily recoverable? As a test, I stopped Radarr and restarted my Synology NAS (can’t stop / start Mono any other way). Radarr doesn’t get restarted after a reboot, but I still can’t get the Sonarr web UI to load. Are you experiencing the same type of result on your Pi2?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.