Sonarr, pfSense, and HAProxy... odd combo

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.122
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

OK, I realize that this is a multi-faceted issue, but I’m hoping someone understands WHY I’m seeing what I’m seeing. I have SONARR running in an Ubuntu 20.04.3 VM. My network is managed by a pfSense router and I’m using HAProxy, allowing me to reverse-proxy a sub-domain to my Sonarr server.

Obviously, because I can now access the machine from OUTSIDE my home network, I set it up to require a sign-in. This is where it starts to get weird. If I go to the internal IP address with port 8989, I will get the login screen and I can log in properly when I enter my username and password, as one would expect. IF I go OUTSIDE my home network and enter the sub-network name, I will also get the login page, where I can enter my username and password and again, I have full access to my sonarr server. My HAProxy backend directs calls to the internal IP address and port 8989, so I don’t need to port it to anything else. From outside my network, it will automatically create an SSL connection to my pfSense/HAProxy machine on port 443. So far, everything as expected. Now, if I were to enter the sub-domain from INSIDE my network, I get to the login screen, only this time, when I enter my username and password, even though I know I am entering it correctly, it always returns as being a bad username or password. I wouldn’t find it as odd if it just didn’t load ANYTHING, but seeing as though it brings up the login page but won’t accept the login is what I find strange.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.