Sonarr on FreeNas - Request Failed - Syntax Error

Sonarr version - 2.0.0.5338
Mono version - 3.10.0
Freenas - 11.1-U7
Debug logs - It won’t let me attach. (https://ufile.io/2h3gr9mp)

On some TV episodes/shows I get the following error. Other shows in Sonarr seem to work fine, which is strange. It seems this occurs continuously for a few seasons.

Request Failed. POST /api/release: Syntax Error after ‘<!’ characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 1, position 3.

I’ve followed a few articles about how to resolve this but still it occurs. I’ve updated Mono in my Sonarr Jail and pkg info mono returns that it is 5.10.1.57_2

cat /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr | grep mono
returns the following
procname="/usr/local/bin/mono"

I’ve turned on debugging and have a log saved but I’m not sure it will let me upload being a new user.

Can anyone please help me? My Sonarr is barely working, it just keeps giving me the red cloud when I try to download the episode etc.

Sonarr finds the episode when searching but gives me the error when trying to get the file.

Syntax Error after ‘<!’ Characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 1, position 3.

What does this error mean?

From the template when you opened this thread:

• Post the log file, not a line or two, or just the error from the Logs table
  • Post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar and link it here

Looks like your indexer is providing Sonarr an invalid NZB, perhaps after hitting the download limit on a free indexer? The logs you linked are now expired, but if you can post a new debug log we can take a look if there is more information.

Sure. Errors from the table are.

Error 1
Request Failed. POST /api/release: Syntax Error after ‘<!’ characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 1, position 3.

New Error it seems now

/usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Core.dll Warning : 0 : SignalR exception thrown by Task: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred ---> System.ObjectDisposedException: The object was used after being disposed.
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.OwinHttpListenerResponse.ResponseBodyStarted () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.OwinHttpListenerResponse.OnResponseBodyStarted (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream+OneTimeCallback.TryInvoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.FirstWrite () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 --> (Inner exception 0) System.ObjectDisposedException: The object was used after being disposed.
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.OwinHttpListenerResponse.ResponseBodyStarted () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.OwinHttpListenerResponse.OnResponseBodyStarted (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream+OneTimeCallback.TryInvoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.FirstWrite () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hope this helps. I have added a bunch of indexers to Sonarr and also a bunch more downloaders to Sabnzbd but still the issue occurs.

Post the debug logs to an external site and link them here, not the errors from the table.

You can ignore that, it’s irrelevant.

Thanks for your reply. It’s hard to find a sharing site these days.

Hopefully you can access via this

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18NROf4WKTfX2PqgimuvXthcsDaUUlB36

Sorry I missed this originally, but you need to upgrade mono, ideally to mono 5.20, but at mono 5.12-5.20 is probably fine. Mono 6 should be avoided, but if necessary mono 4.8+ could work too.

I believe I’ve tried this before. How does one upgrade mono to a safe version?

Just a random search result I found:

Beyond that I don’t know.

Thanks for the link but it doesn’t really show any straight up commands on how to update mono. I’ve got no idea. I’ve tried before from other threads but you do it then four posts later they say change this line to this, then 3 pages later they say try this line instead of this line. It just throws me off.

@markus101 I just can’t seem to work out how to get past this issue. I even built a windows VM and installed Sonarr and everything on it but got the same results so I deleted it.

Which same result? The XML error would not happen under Windows, it’s an issue with older mono versions, it never affected the .net framework on Windows.

I believe so. It was awhile ago now.

How come there are no instructions on how to update mono correctly?

Because every Linux distro or Linux-derivate does things slightly different. Some use package managers, some don’t, files are in different locations… the list goes on :slight_smile:

If you follow Marcus’ link, there are instructions in the link in the first post of that forum thread, and together with the comments further down about the easier way to get llvm80 etc, it should get you there. Looks like they assume you know what you’re doing on a command line.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.