Sonarr, nzbget, plex, and Drobo offline move episodes

Background: Everything works fine when connected to internet connection, all programs running on mac mini: sonarr gabs episode, nzbget downloads, it is post processed and moved to the share on the Drobo.

Now, our family is traveling for a few months in an RV. We do not have permanently on internet connection. When I have access to a connection (like at work), I took my mini, got on network and downloaded all the wanted episodes. When I return to RV, plug it back in to the “home” network and reconnect to share on the drobo, no post processing is happening. I even tried moving all episodes into a DRONE folder and have the DRONE process pointed to the correct folder.

What am I missing?

On a completely seperate topic, Plex clients will not connect to plex server on a local network with no internet connection, even if config’d as 127.0.0.1. Driving me nuts that plex is not usable from any app, except for on the local machine plugged directly into the TV, none of the other devices on the network can “see” the plex server. If I’m connected to a live internet connection, everything works fine.

Sonarr relies on talking to the download client to know what to import, as long as it can talk to the download client and it knows the episodes exist (has updated information from TheTVDB) and it can talk to the NAS it should be able to import.

Check the ((debug logs)) to see why it’s not importing things.

thanks. logs show it is trying to transfer to the proper folder (on the Drobo NAS), but says: “Root folder //volumes/media/TV Shows/” was not found.

So I will take the mac back to the house and plug it back in to home network and it will be connected to the NAS. How to force it to reprocess all the downloaded shows and copy them over to the NAS box? Does it have to have a live connected to thetvdb? Shouldn’t it be able to process, move the file, without an internet connection?

Again, finding, downloading episodes is done with internet connection, not connected to the NAS box (storage). I later connect back to the NAS box and want the shows processed and moved (without internet connection).

Thanks for your help,
Shannon

Sonarr will automatically process them from the download client and as long as the NAS is available it will copy them to the NAS.

It doesn’t need a connection to TheTVDB when it’s importing, but it needs to have pulled in the episode information to import it (and grab it).

so been doing this a week or two. It is connected to the NAS and available and the episodes all stay in the /nzbget/completed/tv shows/ directory and are not processed and moved over to the NAS box.

If it can’t access the NAS for some reason which the error message you posted indicates then it won’t be able to import, but without seeing the ((debug logs)) after restarting Sonarr (which will force Sonarr to reprocess downloads from the download client), I can’t say for certain if that’s the only issue.

Youc an also try using Manual Import (from the queue page or wanted: missing) to force the import.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.