Sonarr Not Working After Update (Mono conflict?)

Sonarr: v2.0.0.5228 (pretty sure; don’t know how to find this)
Mono: mono-core.x86_64 5.14.0.177-0.xamarin.1.epel7 :

Debug logs:
I don’t know how to get debug logs from Sonarr without the web interface. Sorry.

Description of issue:
Thank you for your help! I saw a notification in Plex that an update was available, so I ran

yum update -y

Once the install was done, Sonarr stopped working.

I did some noodling online for the evening and found that a common culprit are conflicts with mono versions. I attempted to roll back mono using this:

yum downgrade mono-core-5.12.0.233-0.xamarin.3.epel7.x86_64
(which is the version I had last had working, I think)

That didn’t work, balking at dependencies I think. So, I removed mono entirely, hoping to do a fresh install of the older version:

yum remove mono*
yum install mono-core-5.12.0.233-0.xamarin.3.epel7.x86_64

…but when I did this, it forced me to yum install mono-core-5.14.0.233-0.xamarin.3.epel7.x86_64.

When I check the status of the service, I get this output:

[root@localhost ~]# service sonarr status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status sonarr.service
● sonarr.service - Sonarr Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sonarr.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-08-16 00:47:45 EDT; 9s ago
Process: 4037 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/sonarr/bin/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser -data /opt/sonarr (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 4037 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Aug 16 00:47:43 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started Sonarr Daemon.
Aug 16 00:47:43 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting Sonarr Daemon…
Aug 16 00:47:43 localhost.localdomain mono[4037]: Press enter to exit…
Aug 16 00:47:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: sonarr.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 16 00:47:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit sonarr.service entered failed state.
Aug 16 00:47:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: sonarr.service failed.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your patience.

As of this morning both sonarr and radarr fail to start on my computer they have been running for over a year without issue. I am running on windows

1 Like

What do you get if you run mono --version?
What about /usr/bin/mono --version?

Your issue is unrelated, please open a new thread instead of hijacking an unrelated one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.