Sonarr not starting

Hi all

My Sonarr install has started crashing. I am running it on a Lubuntu VM using the latest linux kernel. It was working fine last week, we went away for the weekend and now it wont stay alive nor start.

There is some stuff in my logs that might indicate what’s wrong:
“System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed”

I have tried to restoring from a backup located within ~/.config/nzbdrone/backups/scheduled but still the same issue. If restoring my database doesn’t work, what are my options to get past this besides start again?

When I check its status via sudo service nzbdrone status it switches from running to not-running after about 10 seconds, telling me “Removing stale /var/run/nzbdrone/nzbdrone.pid”. I have also noticed that this pid file is empty (ie does not indicate a pid value). I presume this is because it is not running? There is a pid file in my .config/nzbdrone folder, and that has a number in it. I am not sure if that is all normal though.

Lastly I have tried to run an update && upgrade this morning, and it looked like there was an update for nzbdrone. My logs indicate that I am running Version 2.0.0.3527.

Do you think it might have something to do with the latest linux kernel version? uname -a provides the following:
Linux ubuntu 4.2.3-040203-generic #201510030832 SMP Sat Oct 3 12:34:31 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Edit:
Just tried a different db backup (older), and now I get a different error. I guess that is progress, but what does this one mean?

|GlobalExceptionHandlers|EPIC FAIL: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Threading.Timer+Scheduler.SchedulerThread () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in :0

Some googling shows that it would be nice for you to know some more details, let me know if anything is missing:
Mono version - 3.10.0
MediainfoLib version - 0.7.67

Cheers!

That crash looks very similar to the crashes caused by a previous kernel issue (that may have been re-introduced)

The SQL errors look like a corrupt database, which could be either nzbdrone.db or logs.db (the logs will indicate which DB it was trying to migrate when the error occurred).

Right, I thought it might have been kernel related (timeline matched up).

I’m a linux nub, but ill try figure out how to downgrade kernels to a working version and see if that helps. Can someone chime in with the exact kernel version known to be working currently?

EDIT: Was kernel related. Went back two versions and everything is working again. I suppose it is a good idea to run the latest kernel possible, so if anyone can update on a recent working version that would be great. I am back at original kernel from install a few months back now.
Linux ubuntu 3.19.0-25-generic #26~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 24 21:16:20 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.