Sonarr Not Starting: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program

Sonarr version v2.0.0.4645:
Windows 7:

Hi, my Sonar has just decided to throw its toys out of the pram, and had decided that it no longer wants to function. I’m getting a windows epic fail error message “InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program” when trying to run. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sonarr, and restored the nzbdrone.db and config.xml from backups.

Sonarr has been running just fine for the past 9 months or so.

Here’s the log:

[v2.0.0.4645] System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
at System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)
at System.Data.DataTable.NewRecordFromArray(Object[] value)
at System.Data.DataTable.LoadDataRow(Object[] values, Boolean fAcceptChanges)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.SchemaMapping.LoadDataRow()
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SQLite.SQLiteProcessor.Read(String template, Object[] args) in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\Processors\SQLite\SQLiteProcessor.cs:line 193
at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SQLite.SQLiteProcessor.ColumnExists(String schemaName, String tableName, String columnName) in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\Processors\SQLite\SQLiteProcessor.cs:line 52
at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader.get_AlreadyMadeVersionUnique() in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\VersionLoader.cs:line 132
at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader.LoadVersionInfo() in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\VersionLoader.cs:line 163
at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader…ctor(IMigrationRunner runner, IAssemblyCollection assemblies, IMigrationConventions conventions) in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\VersionLoader.cs:line 50
at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner…ctor(IAssemblyCollection assemblies, IRunnerContext runnerContext, IMigrationProcessor processor) in C:\Users\Mark\Source\Repos\fluentmigrator\src\FluentMigrator.Runner\MigrationRunner.cs:line 102
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Migration.Framework.MigrationController.Migrate(String connectionString, MigrationContext migrationContext) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\Migration\Framework\MigrationController.cs:line 43
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create(MigrationContext migrationContext) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:line 84
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.Create(MigrationType migrationType) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:line 56
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.DbFactory.RegisterDatabase(IContainer container) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\DbFactory.cs:line 36
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start(ApplicationModes applicationModes, StartupContext startupContext) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:line 73
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start(StartupContext startupContext, IUserAlert userAlert, Action`1 startCallback) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:line 40
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main(String[] args) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:line 20

What do you reckon I need to do to get Sonarr up and running again? Thanks!

I can’t recall seeing that before.

I’d start by making sure .net is up to date and installing 4.6.2: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

Hi Markus101, that did the trick. Thanks for the help! The thought of not having sonarr was bringing on the sweats!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.