Sonarr not removing some of downloaded files from client

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.8.1
((Debug logs)): https://goo.gl/TjJ7we
Description of issue:
I have set sonarr to remove downloaded files from the clients after they are downloaded,
to test this, I have also set the torrent client (Qbitorrent) to stop torrents immediately after finishing.
cut off
yet, from time to time I find a couple of leftovers in the torrent client that are not in sonarr’s activity tab.

for example from my logs, “inhumans” from “bamboozle” is such an example.

I think I know one occasion that this happens,
sometimes when a show release is downloaded, sonarr leaves in activity without importing as “File quality does not match quality of the grabbed release”, now while that release is sitting there, if the same show is downloaded from another release, the new download replaces the old one (may become imported or not for the same reason), but the old one that was replaced in sonarr is not removed from the torrent client.

this leaves a lot of leftovers in the client which sort of defeats the purpose.

My guess would be this:

Which is an issue with qbit.

A bad release name or file name would cause that, we do have some improvements planned in that area though.

If Sonarr doesn’t import it, it won’t remove it.

oh yes, I hadn’t noticed that they don’t have any categories, but I don’t see why, not having a category (being optional), should result in sonarr ignoring a download started by itself. I can try with transmission, but I think I had a similar experience there (logs to follow).

unfortunately file quality mismatch is happening more often than not in my case, an option to either remove them or import them regardless of mismatch might not be a bad idea, as many people would care more about automation than perfect quality match. if it’s downloaded from a reputable site, the quality should be close enough.

it’s understandable. that’s how it should be, but sonarr shouldn’t loose track of it either (so I would know they were downloaded by sonarr) which is my case, that downloads which previously were identified got lost later on (which could be all because of the first issue with ?categories).

thanks

When Sonarr is set to use a category, it asks qbit for torrents in that category, so it doesn’t need to process through things it doesn’t care about, which means items without a category are not returned from qbit to Sonarr.

Since qbit fails to set the category it won’t return it when requested, which causes Sonarr to lose track of it. Wbit needs to fix the issue with categories failing to set.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.