Sonarr not moving files to SMB shares

So this morning I had Sonarr pickup two shows (1 show new, the other the first episode of a new season). However, it looks like it can’t copy the finished files into the SMB share folders, I don’t know why. However, if I hand make the folder named “Season XX” I can move the file into it no problem. Could Sonarr be making folders with weird permissions and that be whats causing the issues?

The error in my logs section

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /home/computer/Downloads/complete/Show Name Close

However, the folder is in the right place in the share, but the folder is stuck in my Downloads folder.

I am running on a Xubuntu 16.04 VM. My shares are through Openmediavault.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Sonarr Version - 2.0.0.4230
Mono Version - 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-7ubuntu4)
OS - Xubuntu 16.04
Logs - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCvftr8nfdT05TTTI4OENYVmM/view?usp=sharing

Please provide the following information:

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Updated my post. Sorry, I didn’t switch to Help & Support, so I didn’t see the post requirements.

It has nothing to do with analytics. It’s Log Level on the general settings page.

Got it. Fixed my original post. Sorry.

Is there a particular file in the logs that wasn’t being imported? They all look successful at first glance. If nothing failed there, we’d need to see the logs of a failed input.

Sonarr doesn’t do anything special to create folders, as long as the user that Sonarr is running as has the correct permissions it shouldn’t be a problem.

I’ll try and rerun it today. The weird thing is that a show that’s folder already existed worked fine last night. Maybe it was a temporary hiccup. I’ll report back if this fails.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue out of the blue for the past week. It doesn’t create the folder for new shows I add. I have to manually create the folder to get Sonarr to start moving completed files. It works fine otherwise and moves them properly.

Sounds like the user running Sonarr doesn’t have write access to create the folder, but what do the ((log files)) show?

Seems to have resolved as series I added last night worked fine. I’ve been using Sonarr for 6 months without issue and haven’t made any changes so there’s no reason for the permissions to change. If it happens again I’ll come back with the log files. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.