Sonarr not moving files but syncing categories

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.6.0.161
Debug logs: Part 1: pastebin.com/nNDsYXRS part 2: pastebin.com/Zh0V53m8
Description of issue:

Sonarr is not moving my files to the correct folder after downloading. They are being downloaded to my default Deluge folder, which is /downloads. Sonarr is set to route the to /TV, but it is being completely disregarded. I have categories set up and they are syncing fine.

Linked above is most of my debug log, it was way too big for pastebin even in two parts, so I cut out part of the newest section.

I believe your problem might be this. It worked for me at least.

You have a root directory where all your torrent download to.
eg: volume/backup_hd/torrent downloads/

You must customize each shows directory to a specified folder
eg: volume/media/tv shows/ncis/
eg: volume/media/tv shows/law and order/

After each download, the file makes it to where you specified.

Hope this helps
aznh

Do I have to create and specify a folder for every show? The path is set to /TV for every show, but it is not hardlinking it from /downloads at all.

Thanks for the help

I would say the answer is: Yes

I couldn’t use the same folder twice to place different shows in one specific folder. You can try it, but it gave me an error.

So how does that work when I have Ombi setup to send the request to Sonarr? Will Ombi not function? I say because I know Ombi won’t create a folder.

You’re saying the best way to use it is to create a new path every time, which will be /TV/showname, right?

Edit: I created a folder and routed the path to that folder (/TV/Parks and Recreation), and it still continues to download to my default Deluge folder.

There seems to be some confusion here, it sounds like all series are in the same root folder of /TV, not that all series share the same series folder (which would require updating the DB directly to achieve).

Sonarr doesn’t require a series folder to exist to add a series, it’ll create one when required. Each series ends up with a folder of it’s own within the root folder.

Sonarr doesn’t control where Deluge downloads files.

What I don’t see in the logs is Sonarr attempting to import, which tells me nothing is complete for the category Sonarr is checking (or the completed downloads were removed upon completion, the same effect as them not being there at all).

Trace logs will show the response from Deluge, but also check Activity: Queue in Sonarr to see what Sonarr sees as completed and ready to import and why they aren’t importing (hover over the icon on the left).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.