Sonarr not improrting files with PROPER in the name

Sonarr version (exact version) : 2.0.0.4731
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.8.0
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/io0sqlxbwjqxab6/sonarr.debug.txt?dl=0
Description of issue: I downloaded some full series torrents and noticed that a bunch of episodes were not imported. What they all share in common is that they have “PROPER” in their name. If you look at this screenshot of the file list from one of the seasons:

Episodes 3, 10, and 12 have “PROPER” in the file name. Episode 8 has “INTERNAL”. Sonarr imported all the files except 3, 10, and 12, which say “episode missing from disk” – Episode 8 was imported. I had the same issue with several other seasons. I am not sure why this is happening.

Thanks!

17-5-15 03:33:02.1|Debug|GrabbedReleaseQualitySpecification|Quality for grabbed release (HDTV-720p v1) does not match the quality of the file (HDTV-720p v2 Real:1)

Interesting edge case there, since this is a season pack it contains the propers, but the season pack title doesn’t indicate that, but if it did the non-propers would be rejected.

Thanks for reporting this, we’ll get it fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Is there any update on this?

I’ve had it happen to me with a few season packs from BTN, as their season packs will always just use the “best” release available, which will occasionally mean there are packs with mixed proper and non-proper files, and Sonarr does not import the propers at all.

Not currently.

@Taloth what do you think about allowing better quality releases to be imported despite not matching the quality? That way we’d avoid this issue as well as an Unknown grab and a known quality. This check is also partially handled by the same size import check, so maybe we just drop it altogether, though in cases where WEB-DL is grabbed and HDTV is imported it’d still be wrong.

Hmm so I suppose only option for now is to remove the entire season from Sonarr, rename the original files and copy them over and then import back into Sonarr.

@markus101 I thought we already had the Unknown case handled. I suppose we can accept higher quality imports, it’s the lower quality imports that caused a loop.

@cairsonarr Wanted->Manual Import.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with the PROPER title in season packs.

On a semi-related note, I also had an issue with files that did not want to import since it did not include a season identifier.

For example:
TV.Show.Name.E01.720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv

The only way to get it to work was to manually add “S01” just before the episode ID (TV.Show.Name.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv). If only everyone would stick to a single standard ;).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.