Sonarr Not Importing Completed Downloads from Qbittorrent

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.8.0.105
Debug logs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JxG-5KkZW9QC-H9uCrzqOD1rHblpCR-ITiYlyG9JSHY/edit?usp=sharing
Description of issue: Sonarr Not Importing Completed Downloads from Qbittorrent

I’m just starting to get set up with Sonarr for the first time, so I’m not particularly literate. Once Qbittorrent has completed a download, Sonarr isn’t able to import it, giving the error.

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr:

After doing lots of googling, this seems to be an issue that comes up from time to time. I’ve tired all the solves I’ve come across, but nothing has worked thus far.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the issue is Qbittorrent is passing a path to Sonarr, suffix’d [rarbg], i.e.

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /Volumes/SSD RAID/Torrents/Zoeys.Extraordinary.Playlist.S01E07.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-TEPES[rarbg]

I’m not sure if that is the actual issue, and if it is I have no idea how to solve it.

Any insight?

Cheers, Jake

If you can access that location with the path specified then it’s the permissions of the user running Sonarr. (or limited permissions for the terminal running Sonarr). There are some things you need to do under Catalina to give Sonarr full disk access.

Thanks for the reply!

As it happens I managed to solve this one on my own a few hours ago, and it turns out it wasn’t a permissions issue at all. What was being passed to Sonarr by qBittorrent was a directory, but because I had ‘create subfolder for torrents with multiple files’ unchecked in qBittorrent, the directory that was being passed to Sonarr never existed. As soon as I turned subfolders on, folders matching what was being passed to Sonarr ([rarbg] included) were being written and Sonarr now imports perfectly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.